Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

HID Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:02 AM
HCF Member
Default HID Conversion

ok so finally the tax return is on the way and its a nice one. i wanted to use it for my swap but the wife said no but i did convince her to let me do my HID conversion with new housings so ill be using a Bixenon HID out of an FX35 and retro'ing into these housings

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

i think they'll look great. i may change out the color temp on the bulbs tho not sure yet got to see what they look like after the retro.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: HID Conversion

make sure its good with the boss, I mean wife first

Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: HID Conversion

ORIGINAL: civicraider

ok so finally the tax return is on the way and its a nice one. i wanted to use it for my swap but the wife said no but i did convince her to let me do my HID conversion with new housings so ill be using a Bixenon HID out of an FX35 and retro'ing into these housings

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

i think they'll look great. i may change out the color temp on the bulbs tho not sure yet got to see what they look like after the retro.

dude the lights look great, but if i were you i would save up the money it would cost to put the hid kits and just save more until you have enough to get your engine swap. And i'm not sure what profession you are in but i'm in sales and i think i'll be able to close your wife lol. Just sell her all the benefits of having an engine with less miles and stress the part of less break down occurance because of fewer miles thus saving you money over time for breakdowns. By looking at the headlights i see your car is either a 99 or 00 so i'm assuming just like any civic driver you probably have over 100,000 miles on the vehicle. So try to convince her that this is the perfect time and opportunity to get a better and improved engine with fewer milage because once you break the 100K mark you care goes $2k down in value and the chances of breakdown and major repair work increases as well, so possible getting an improve engine might prove to be very beneficial for you and her. Then say "Honey i know you wouldn't want to come out of pocket to repair the car if it has an engine problem or transmission problem, especially at a time when money might be tight RIGHT???" Thats a tie-down question that 9/10 times results in a yes, and as soon as you get the yes she would be closed lol. Thats how i would handle it. But anyways if that doesn't work go ahead and get the lights unless you determine to get the swap and just get it anyways without her permission. If might mean you wont be getting any for a week or more but gaining that extra 80-100 hp gains would make you forget about not getting any lol