Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

HONDA CIVIC 92 SI Customising - need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Default HONDA CIVIC 92 SI Customising - need ideas

yo, Im only 15 but my dads bought me a civic already to get started on cause I said i wanted the best car in school, well i kinda got it but it looks like crap really lol.
ive jus recently baught lexus style lights, and fixed the rust in the back and right side so its startin to come together but i need some ideas that will totally trick it out, i know most people that visit this forum are american and I heard you guys have crazy ideas for trickin' out rides!, take a look at the pics to see what ive done so far but any ideas on
Rim sizes, body designs, paint designes.. anythin jus hit me up please!!!, I heard theres an american colour paint called cherry apple red, is this paint any good? my dad owns a garage and tuning shop and i got plenty of cash... around 3000 worth, so no worries about the cost of stuff. all ideas are appreciated, thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/4299/90BCCE20C82546979B39B5CFD2B1FF33.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4299/050031739EF44CDE87BDE52B8D9F0629.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4299/5386158DFF594234A0D8BCE46C44BC81.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Default RE: HONDA CIVIC 92 SI Customising - need ideas

Not a bad looking car. Haven't seen one like that in the states. Try to keep the car clean looking. Don't end up putting a bunch of stuff on there that ends up being an eye sore. Fix spots on body A small spoiler at the top of the back window would look good and a set of wheels and tires - nothing chrome. White, black, gunmetel and aluminum color. Maybe a lip on the front. Have fun with it a post some pics.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:55 PM

Aight Listen up cuz your about to be schooled... American Style,

Wheels and Tires : Racing Hart S7's or Enkie Five Plus's in 17 or 18 inch (42.3 mm or 44.8mm) with atleast a 205/40/zR tire

Engine you probably have a 1.5 - 1.6 SOHC, drop in a 92-95 si or Type R motor ( 1.6l (B16) DOHC engine 160hp)
or for an entirley mad hatter approach throw in a H22a (2.2l Prelude engine) for a mad excellant pretty pretty go faster!

Bodywise go for a Mugen front bumper side skirts and rear bumper, C-West, or a Bomex piece for good clean lines and killer looks

Accent your interior with body color matching paint, (speaker grills, vents, shifter boot, etc.) go easy on it though a little accent goes a along way.

Throw some Nuespeed panhard bars and lowering springs on it to make it a corner burner and not just a straight line performer.

Tenzo R has great Big Brake Kits that look Stupid Sick and make you brake harder for less pedal pressure!

but this is your whip bro so get funky with the cheese whiz and have fun with it but take your time dont get rushed make a plan and stick to it.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:50 AM

YO thanks man! likin the idea for the wheels, i was thinkin 17s or 18's, the engines only a 1.2, i mite be able to fit in a type R, i heard those things are mean. my dads bin lookin up powerandeconomy electric superchargers for an extra 15% all across the board. Ive seen the bomex bodykits before, thats what i was aimin towards, the back end im lookin for a bumper that moulds around 2 big square holes as im goin for 2 huge slash n burn mufflers cause i can get em for jus' £50 each. Any ideas on how much i can get out of it with an induction kit? im stickin to the springs idea, cant have a fast car that flys into a bush! and uk aint exactly streight roads either! also i was thinkin of bein a little bit naughty n puttin an electric flipper that blocks off any hint that its my car *wink wink* (hint speed cameras) any info on how to make some lambo doors or buy some for extra cheaps?
one last thing, i heard americas selling these billybat security systems, my dads lookin for some for cheaps to sell on over here.
thanks again

Old 07-11-2005, 03:08 PM

id use a search on this forum first before you think about buying one of those electric superchargers, they probally do as much to performance as a sticker on the side of your door. and as for a swap i would forget it. because this is your first car. Insurance for a civic in the uk isnt exacly cheap. especally as you would have just as passed. i have a 95 civic coupe 1.5 and im paying just under £1000 3FT, and thats with one years NCB and one year driving. Also for an induction kit. i would buy a CAI, something like AEM or one off ebay with a K&N filter. i just put a ebay one on mine and i can defantly notice a differance. The best place for cheap sutff is ebay of course, also www.potn.com are quite good with stuff for civics. As for alarms i would go with clifford or toad security. your car is looking good so far, what ever you do dont buy a big spolier that you put on the back. they look so bad on a hatchback imo, For example

Old 07-11-2005, 05:17 PM
HCF Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Elnyne drop in a 92-95 si or Type R motor ( 1.6l (B16) DOHC engine 160hp)[quote]ORIGINAL: Elnyne

the Type R motor is the B18C5 not the b16 the b16 is from a civic SI from late 90's i believe

Tenzo R has great Big Brake Kits that look Stupid Sick and make you brake harder for less pedal pressure!

is that ebonics or what? Stupid Sick? LOL mi no comprende.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:35 PM

nope it's not ebonics, just my own flavor to ****e up the language with out getting ugly. . .

also B16b's *were* in 1998 - 2000 Civic Type R's see the link below, (B18 anythings were an acura prospect only)

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/honda_engine_codes.html

Electric superchargers have their place and it does not include under your hood! go with a turbo or a centerfugel supercharging system. if you want boost. But when and if you do make the install, remember to build your engine as if it's gonna be running at the peak power level all the time, i.e. splurge for copper head gaskets, extreme duty head studs, higher performing waterpump and bigger radiator. The electric flipper is cool, but why do it electrically when you could do it mechanically, and get by with a really long lawn mower throttle cable which would probably wiegh less anyhow. (anything to **** of johnny law!) If ya need a spoiler check out spoon's carbon fiber deals they look great and arent obnoxious especially on a hatchback. Lambo doors are sweet but they'll run ya about £750.00 and be ready to become intimate with your doors becuase they are a pain in the rear to install. (the alignment and fitting is the where it bites you at) also look into a dual side exhaust setup instead of a rear exhaust then you will have something fairly unique on your honda. hope this helps

By the way what i wouldnt give for a opel lightning / vuaxhall 220 or a Puegeot RC with the 2.2l deisel (175 hp / 275 ft lbs of torque!)

Elnyne. . .

Old 07-12-2005, 02:24 AM

thanks guys, some great tips!
anyhow, the insurance isnt a problem, i'll be on my dads cause he owns a garage and i get entitled to drive any car anywhere so ill be able to fool around with that a lil, i got it rong before its a 1.5 not a 1.2 but were guna tell a few tales and say its a 1.4 jus so that his insurance doesnt go up. I aint actually passed my drivin test u cant till your 17 but im jus gettin geared up for when i can drive it. I see what u mean by the spoiler carl, i was just guna get like peugeot rally style spoiler to curve around the back, or jus something small. Was also contemplatin the side exausts aswell, i'd probably get away wit it but these mufflers are like 6-8 inch in diameter lol!, they look good though my dad sold one to this kid darren and put it on his megane, looks sweet! thanks for the tips on the superchargers, there actually more like turbos, i'll get there website off my dad tomorrow and you can see for yourselves.
Lovin the lawnmower cable idea! i think im gonna go for that. finally as far as the lambo doors, i'll jus get me dads garage to do it all HAHA
anyway lovin the feedback, its relaly startin to build a picture for me!

Old 07-16-2005, 04:22 PM

no dont put a coffee can muffler on it if you run side pipes! run a high flow cat, bolted directly off the header and then off the cat put a long (60cm) glasspack then a supertrap muffler at the dirty end.

Also just to **** off anyone who would drive it other than you put in an American Gauge cluster so it reads in MPH on top and KPH on bottom, id be happy to trade with you! and go dutch on the shipping. (i pay for mine you pay for yours) also to be on the stupidly insane bleeding edge of "automotive technolgy" get ya a water injection kit, it's like running race gas all the time its actually a little injector shooting a fine mist of H2O down your intake tube. It cools your intake charge, slows down the combustion process, gets better fuel economy boosts hp and torque, dont believe me read about the Rolls Royce "Merlin" engines from WWII this is old school tech but nobody does it it dont hurt the vehicle just boosts effeiciancy and a tank of water will last about as long as your petrol tank does.

check out

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html

Old 07-18-2005, 11:31 AM

yeha i changed my mind about the coffee cans lol, im gettin a change to a 4 tube manifold leading off to 2 sets of 2 comin outta either side, im keepin the size of each about average, slightly bigger. nice one on the water injection kit thanks for that one
im also lookin into a smoke extractor, possibly puttin a plastic bottle full of oil n pin holin it, allowin it to drip onto me exhaust, comes up wit some mean smoke n makes it look to other drivers like you topped out which u havent lol, erm, im thinkin hydrolic or vibrating back seats... lol this one should be tricky but anything for kicks huh? lol, about the km/h... i dont do metric either lol! it would **** me off jus as much as anyone else so im nt sure about that one. im not reallt sure if id trade im kinda gettin attached to it, what u offerin? any pics?
thanks again!

Quick Reply: HONDA CIVIC 92 SI Customising - need ideas