Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

i thought long and hard.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Default i thought long and hard.....

ok i know i said i was going to do the cheeto theme but i saw some one tryed to do it and oh my gosh!!!!!! it look like poop. so i am doing just black and hot pink. and thats it maybe some simple but cool design on the car. also how hard is it to paint your own car.
but it did bum me out that i saw it up close it and look dumb.

oh oh oh oh... does this web site have like a meeting some were in the US like once a year? if not there should be every on this site should me in a town in some state and just check on poeple cars.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: i thought long and hard.....

yea its hard to do it yourself lol

Old 05-09-2008, 07:17 PM

oh ok um now what if i want to practce b/c i do want to upholster cars and coms paint could i practice or would it hbe bad?

Old 05-09-2008, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

with time patience and an eye for detail you can paint your car yourself. its just one of those of those things that takes quite a bit of equipment to even start for a beginner. it alsotakes time, practice, and (usually) someone to teach you to be good at. that being said you can do it if you really want to. my best friends dad painted his old charger in the backyard with nobooth or anything. he put like a dozen coats of paint on it and spent who knows how many hours wet sanding it, but it does look good. sooo yes you can do it, yes you can screw it up bad if you're not careful, and its probably way easier to just pay someone else to.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

you might want to try on a small piece and see how the paint comes out. As for the meets, yeah theres one every year, but i dont think too many people go because we are all too spread out across the U.S.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

I wouldn't even tempt it without a lot of experience under your belt. Takes a lot of work to do it right and have it looking good. You need to sand the car down first befor primeing it (helps the base coat adhere to it). Than apply nice even strokes of paint trying not to get drips or orange peel. Than clear coat (option) gets it a nice shine and helps protect the paint. Light sanding and waxing.... etc. Theres a lot more to it but in a nutshell

Unless of course you just want to paint it flat black.

There are group meets. Near the bottom of the forum page theres a section for locational meets.