Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Ideas for mods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Default Ideas for mods?

I have a charcoal grey '04 Civic. It's pretty much stock at the moment, I've starting to do some long needed mods on my own since I can't drive it right now (dislocated my shoulder snowboarding).

So far I have put in two 10" red tubes under the seats, I had them professionally installed, due to a bad experience with neons in the past. They look great.

I'm having a Rockford Fosgate T1 12" install with a Hifonics BXi 1206D amp and a Pioneer AVIC-D3

I'll post pics when it's all done. The cool part is that the AVIC-D3 has custom color LEDs in the controls so i can match them to the red in the rest of my car.

Basically I am looking for some other stuff to put in my car, I know most of the engine mods i want to do. But i need ideas for more red accents. I saw these sick black rims with a red lip, but i really want grey rims...

anyway, if anyone has ideas just let me know.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ideas for mods?

Just do a search dude.
People have done PLENTY of mods.
Alot of them are really unique.
Just search around.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 PM

im putting green velvit on my door panles this weeked what about that. ot the vents and dash on your car why not cage the color from black to live sliver since your car is sliver? pr gray.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

Theres a bunch of mods around here involving led lights. You can put those anywhere.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 PM

sounds decent so far.but if your wanting to do more interior mods andwana thrown some red into it to mach up everything. Theres a set of racing seats on procarparts.com you can get in diffenet varitese.im gonna order me a set here soon.and there really clean lookin and cheap...its $220 and shiped to my door...also maybe do a carbon fiber dash kit it would blend in with the charcole pretty well id be bad *** if the carbon was colored like red or blue etc.cause red would look sick inyour whipwhich the kit its expensive to some people but ebay you can get likea 20 piece kit for like $120 which im also gonna pick up in summer.maybe also get a gauge pod for the piller with basic gauges unless your gonna and turbo or somethin. Thats about all i can think of right now but im pretty sure if you get the seats and dash kit itll dress up the interior alot and look good.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 PM

HAHA..

yeah i read your post earlier. No thanks on the doors. I'm considering the dash remake. But leaning more towards the red carbon fiber.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:44 PM

maybe you can paint your interior pieces red too? definitely red/black or red/grey racing seats will inprove the overall look of your interior, but seats can get pretty expensive. red carbon fiber dash kit will look good, as will more neon/LED/cathode lights under your dash or in your heater vents. Have fun and make sure to post up pics of your progress.....

Old 04-02-2008, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

Please don't paint your interior. Leave it stock. Looks 10x's better IMO. The LED's under your seats are fine, don't go overboard and put more. Honestly if you want some tasteful mods, lower the car and get some nice wheels. I know it's not what you're looking for but if you start putting too many red accents everywhere it's going to turn into a rice mobile.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:36 AM

what im going to start doing to my car since i got another job, im putting the strip of 3 leds in the airvents just to give it some more coolness factor well in my eyes coolness probibly not im most of your eyes, i like the look of things glowing lol

Old 04-03-2008, 03:52 AM
HCF Member

i've got leds in my airvents, i think it looks pretty good, just dont leave em on all the time. if you want to just dress stuff up with red, paint little pieces. the ring around the shift boot. i painted the door handles, the black plastic piece, and the speaker cover mesh stuff. then put some red stitching in the shift boot. its pretty easy. needle, some heavy duty red thread, lots of patience and your good to go. just dont paint things you touch all the time, and dont gooverboard with it. accents arethe key. also ep3 seats would look sick with your color scheme, if you have a black interior. charcoal greay black and red, and honda makes them.

Quick Reply: Ideas for mods?