Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

interior led lighting

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:26 PM
HCF Member
Default interior led lighting

i want to get cathodes led's from oznium to light up my interior under the dashes and seats. i wanted these oznium cathodes (LED tubes) but the blue 12" is backordered. i would like to install them next week just because my friend is available during spring break. is there any blue led tubes at oznium that can have the same effect as the cathodes where i can light up my interior floors. or is there another site where i can order these tubes. would like to get them by next week. thanks

Old 03-18-2008, 04:30 PM
March 2010 ROTM
Default RE: interior led lighting

Buy the Flexible LED strips. They are easy to install and they are just as bright....and they wont break if you accidently kick them or something. I had them in my last car and am about to buy some for my hatch now.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:41 PM
HCF Member

are you talking about these http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips . how do these install. i have some neons tubes that were hooked on before until they blew out so now i decide to install led's instead. do these use wires also where i can strip the wire and tap them onto my previously installed wires?

also do i need a transformer for these led's like the cathodes or i can just wire them. do i need 4 9.5" for my 99 civic coupe. 2 front and two rear. and for the price of 10.49 do i get 1 9.5" or 2 or 3 or 4? if the price is 10.49 for 1 then i need to buy about $40 while the cathodes i just need 9.99 for 2 tubes and about $20 for 4 tubes. i like the idea of the flexible ones though but hope it's priced to sell by 2 even better for 4.
[align=right] [/align]

Old 03-18-2008, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

What I did.. I just tied the black wire to my my security fuse and just routed the wires and everything.. It really wasn't too bad. The only problem I had was creating the circuit for the switch, so I could turn them on and off as I please. You shouldn't need a transformer.. Just a linkable fuse holder, or use your fuse panel, like I did.

And cathodes imo put more light out as opposed to LED strips. But I like my strips, you can't see them and it puts enough light out where to light the whole floor and its not annoying or anything. I have mine in 9.5"

Old 03-18-2008, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

i like them above the pedals and in the engine looks really cool

Old 03-18-2008, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

A. Cathodes aren't LEDs...
B. I like these http://www.oznium.com/led-strip-flat-head
They are nearly identical to the flexstrips, but you can direct the LEDs a lot easier. They are also cheaper, and a heck of a lot more power friendly compared to cathodes.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

i pretty much have the wiring set up because i had neon tubes and they do not work anymore. i have the wiring set up so that when i open the door they turn on and when i close the door the lights turn off. when my door is close i can use the switch to turn on and off the lights. i believe what i need to do with the new lights is to cut the wire and take off the old neons and strip the wire for the led's and tie twist the wire for the led and the previous wiring. and use electric tape. should i do this? i think i am interested in the flexible led strips instead. anyone know where is a good placce to put the strips in the front and in the back for the best possible lighting? for the front i am thinking of putting them below the dash and the back either under the fornt seats near the back or using double sided tape and taping them to the sides of the back floor. what do you guys think? also is the 9.5" a good length to use for front and back.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

i am also thinking about getting their Superflux LED Dome Light. anyone have pictures of them or had experience with them. let me know what you think of them

Old 03-19-2008, 12:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sfazngiants

i am also thinking about getting their Superflux LED Dome Light. anyone have pictures of them or had experience with them. let me know what you think of them
I have an orange one.. Its nice. But it doesn't fit in my 01 civic it was too thick lol.. I have to keep the domelight cover off :P. It puts out a nice ammount of light though. At night it literally, lights inside my WHOLE inside, and from the outside my friends say it gives the inside a awesome orange glow. Look on the pictures on Oznium, they got some nice ones.. I got the smaller version, and not the bigger version.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:33 PM
March 2010 ROTM

The Flex strips come with 2 wires already on them with plenty of length for under the dash and under your seats. One is ground and one is hot. Just run the hot wire through an in-line fuse (costs like 2 bucks) and tap into a fuse in your box thats getting power when your car is on. I wired mine to a switch mounted next to my e-brake and only used the 4.5 inch strips and they were plenty bright.

Quick Reply: interior led lighting