Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Interior Lighting question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
HCF Member

i went with 4 9.5" strips inside my car

Old 09-14-2008, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
i went with 4 9.5" strips inside my car
4 for just under the dash??

Old 09-14-2008, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

one on each side in the front and in the back

Old 09-14-2008, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

one on each side in the front and in the back
Oh so you have lights for the back seats as well?
Thats pretty cool.

What other places did you put lights?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:32 PM
HCF Member

thats all i got front and back . but i also got ozniums LED dome light for my dome light and trunk light. http://www.oznium.com/led-dome . but in white. if you want a certain color lighting for your interior definitely go with these, they are bright. my friend has blue ones in he IS250 and they lit up his whole interior blue, and he does not have led's under dash or in the back seats

Old 09-14-2008, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

thats all i got front and back . but i also got ozniums LED dome light for my dome light and trunk light. http://www.oznium.com/led-dome . but in white. if you want a certain color lighting for your interior definitely go with these, they are bright. my friend has blue ones in he IS250 and they lit up his whole interior blue, and he does not have led's under dash or in the back seats
Sweet!
Hey so did you install your under dash LED's flex strips???

Old 09-14-2008, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by xMikex
Sweet!
Hey so did you install your under dash LED's flex strips???
i know this isn't directed at me but i have some suggestions:

passenger side: zip tie it to the knee bolster (metal horizontal bar about where your knees would be if you pushed your seat all the way up to the dash)
remove the glove box to access it better.
i think when i did the drivers side i used double sided tape to secure a 4.7" flexstrip to the bottom of the fuse box.

4.7" should be all you need under the dash.
i did 4.7" on each side, and then a 2.4" under each seat (zip tied to the underneath of the seat - i cut two slits in the fabric to put a zip tie through) pointing forward to fill up the floor with light in areas the under dash LED strip couldn't shine on.

then for backseats do another 2.4" or 4.7" under each seat and point it backwards.

wire all the positives into one wire and wire them to a switch and then to the cigarette lighter wire harness (easy because it's already fused and will turn off when you turn off the ignition so that you don't leave the lights on by accident)
ground all of the negative wires.
if you get an LED switch there will be a negative wire for it too. ground that

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-14-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:29 PM
HCF Member

the ones on my back seat kept falling off after using several kinds of double sided tape, velcro, got kind of pissed off so i just slap some super glue on it, still holding up for 2 weeks. but good idea from trust to cut the fabric and use zip ties

Old 09-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya IMO never use a hard glue.LOL ya i know to late now.....

go out and buy yourself a 15-20dollar hot glue gun from walmart around the craft center and some extra glue sticks... i like the dual temperature one myself. low heat for minor quick stuff, and high heat for something i really want it to flow down into cracks and stick good to
ive used that thing TONS in the 4 years ive had it.... you might be suprised how good a womens craft tool can be LOL ive used it when molding stuff to hold the parts inplace which the fiberglass or bondo dries, ive used it to hold lights up, seal electrical stuff for exterior use, ive used it to hold wires out of the way and clean like on my led cup holder, hell i even used it in my room around my window trim to keep the ants out of my dam room.LMFAO

this stuff is great..... its also removable by just pulling hard enough on it and the glue comes right off with no marks on the area at all. so its like it was never touched!
try it out sometime please.... you might be using it more than youd ever think!

Old 09-15-2008, 04:54 AM
Recognized HCF Member

t

o ya you have a led dome light????? you better post the size and picture of it ASAP so i dont woop you!
ive been wanting to get a led dome light from them for awhile but everytime i think of it i dont have a measuring tape and i forget to check it later on!
i want something alot brighter for my dome light!

Quick Reply: Interior Lighting question