Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Keeping both brake lights with spoiler installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Default Keeping both brake lights with spoiler installation

Hello all,

I have a 2004 Civic EX 2 door that I just purchased the factory Honda rear wing spoiler for. I noticed that in the installation instructions it describes reusing the plug for the existing rear window brake light to power and control the wing's brake light. I would like to keep both brake lights. Has anyone installed their rear wing in this fashion. If so where do I get a spare connector so I can make both brake lights functional?

Thanks in advance,
Chad951

Old 07-27-2006, 12:48 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Keeping both brake lights with spoiler installation

what your talking about is a simple splice...first your gonna have to take the speaker and rear cover off by your rear brake light then find the wire going to the light...cut it then strip the brake light from both wires (original and wing light) put wing light and wire comming from battery into one sid eof the crimp and original in the other and crimp em togather yay 2 lights!!

Old 07-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Default RE: Keeping both brake lights with spoiler installation

ORIGINAL: dfdon

what your talking about is a simple splice...first your gonna have to take the speaker and rear cover off by your rear brake light then find the wire going to the light...cut it then strip the brake light from both wires (original and wing light) put wing light and wire comming from battery into one sid eof the crimp and original in the other and crimp em togather yay 2 lights!!
I figured I would have to splice into the car's main wiring harness I was just hoping for a little cleaner install like using two factory connectors for the wing and existing brake light. If I can't find the connectors I will be forced to do what you suggested and just splice the wing's wiring harness into the cars harness.

Thanks for the suggestion.