Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Know this body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:25 AM
HCF Member
Default Know this body kit?

Anyone know the name of this kit? Or if it is in fact available for purchase somewhere? I've always loved the Civics they had in the movie

Old 10-02-2008, 09:03 AM
HCF Member

Ha. dude don't get a kit.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

looks like something from blitz. maybe look something like this
http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_9..._xtreme_gt.htm
or
http://www.nfcperformance.com/civic-...26_51_302.html

do you plan to get the kit for your civic? 99% maybe even 100% of the people here will tell you to stay away from body kits and go with lip kits instead. or else people is going to call your civic RICE

Old 10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned
Old 10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
looks like something from blitz. maybe look something like this
http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_9..._xtreme_gt.htm
or
http://www.nfcperformance.com/civic-...26_51_302.html

do you plan to get the kit for your civic? 99% maybe even 100% of the people here will tell you to stay away from body kits and go with lip kits instead. or else people is going to call your civic RICE
Thanks for the links, but I gotta ask. Is there any actual advantage as far as using a lip kit instead of a body kit? Other than people will call it 'rice'

Old 10-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

It's cheaper, looks cleaner, and isn't as low as a body kit (meaning you can lower your car without destroying a lip kit, but it's extremely hard not to damage a body kit with a lowered car).

Case in point, my friend andrew has a kitted 98 ex. It's actually about half an inch higher than my old 94 ex was. I had a lip kit, never damaged it going over speed bumps or anything. He's gone through four or five kits so far; now he refuses to even go over a speed bump because his kit will scrape.

Also, fiberglass kits are around $500 shipped and usually fit horribly; it'll be over $1,000 by the time it's fitted correctly and painted. Urethane kits are around $800 before shipping, and they still need painted.

A front and rear lip, however, will fit perfectly 99.9% of the time, doesn't need painted, and added together, will cost under $200 including shipping.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

Thanks Reaper! Very helpful post, I appreciate it a lot . Know of a good place to buy lip kits? I was looking around bodykits.com and a few others and they didn't have much of a selection as far as lip kits.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:40 PM
HCF Member

for lip kits theres isn't a wide selection of them as compared to body kits. on top of my mind i can think of si, type r, mugen, tsunami, greddy, jun

Old 10-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, you're limited with your civic lip choices (rsx's and other hondas have a ton more choices). The easiest to find are the type r, mugen, and spoon lips. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the mugen and spoon lips on eg's, but that's just me. Anyway, check out HMS, StreetStyler, and JDMSh!t. There's other places, but if I were to rank the top three best sellers, that's who I'd choose. Also, with lips, you can safely go through ebay.

Also, if you have the money, get a polyurethane front lip. ABS and fiberglass tend to crack/shatter when you hit a curb/speed bump/perso.... I mean.... umm... pothole. Yeah, that's right. When you hit a pothole.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Super Cereal Admin

yeah, but one of those kits is hardly clean. That thing clashes with the stock body lines.

Anyway, from the looks of it, JDMSh!t is down for maintenance, and I'm not sure what happened to HMS, so I'd say go SS or ebay with your lip kit purchase

Quick Reply: Know this body kit?