Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Lambo doors or NO Lambo doors??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:53 PM
HCF Member
Default Lambo doors or NO Lambo doors??

The Lambo hinges are already on, hence my screenname. They came with the car when I bought it. But, they pretty much just suck. The first and LAST time I went through a no-touch car wash, the high-powered spraying water dripped inside from the top when it was applying the doors with soapy water. The driver's side door doesn't close as far in as the passenger side door. Sometimes I think I can feel air coming in through the cracks of the door while driving, especially now when it is like 5 degrees Fahrenheit outside. The cable that connects to the door and operates everything: power windows, etc., pops out a lot whenever I open the door even if I open it slowly. It's awkward for me getting into the driver's seat, but I've sorta gotten used to that. Those are the negatives.

The postives are: I love the way it looks when the door is open. I always leave the door open when I'm filling up at the gas station cuz of the looks and comments I get. Basically I like the way it looks and I like the positive comments and questions I get ... especially from people with cars that look way more pimp than mine.

Fortunately, I think somewhere I have the original door hinges. The guy I bought the car from last Spring told me he'd give 'em to me in case I decided to put the civic doors back to stock. If anybody has any reason why I should keep the Lambo hinges on, please speak up now. Like, if you can help me correct some of these negatives...

Thanks!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:59 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Lambo doors or NO Lambo doors??

lose them. lambo doors are played out, someone post that pic with the lambo with normal doors and the civic with lambo doors behind it

Old 02-14-2008, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

i think its like you're trying too hard to look cool if you have them, i say sell them (if they're working alright you could get alot of money for them on ebay) and put that money towards the engine or suspension.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 PM

For jpnolan

Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 AM
March 2010 ROTM

I kinda like the way they look...but the only 2 people I know who ave them say they are too much trouble. They get off by a little bit pretty often and wont close right. One even got off enough to scratch the fender all up.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:13 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TBon3

For jpnolan

Old 02-15-2008, 06:11 AM

Terrible. Theres just nothing "pimp" about putting doors that were on hundreds of thousands of dollar vehicles on your car that books what, 4, 5k?

lol@ above pic, thats pretty good.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

i think its like you're trying too hard to look cool if you have them, i say sell them (if they're working alright you could get alot of money for them on ebay) and put that money towards the engine or suspension.
To everyone: Thanks for your feedback. This is a good idea. Sell them (I'll be making money whether it's a little or a lot cuz I was never the guy to buy them in the first place). I think I'll put the money towards headers, but first I'll have to investigate just approximately how much these things cost new and see what other people are charging for them used. At least I know where they came from ... I think ... bodykits.com. Later.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 AM
HCF Member

towards a header? ^ dude, i'm talking like $600+ for those tings lol just look on ebay for Civic Lambo Doors, more kits are going for close to $1000.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:51 AM
HCF Member

+1

Quick Reply: Lambo doors or NO Lambo doors??