Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

!!!!!!!!!!is it legal!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Angry Admin

we are not bashing him we are telling him not to be a danger to other drivers as well as himself, just like we told you.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Who's bashing anyone? It's a potentially unsafe modification, and we're warning him of exactly that, just like we did with your springs. I can only hope that, unlike you, he actually takes our advice. And it's the internet... you always get opinions, whether you want them or not.

And how exactly do you consider turning one of your headlights off at night, even momentarily, safe? Seriously, what kind of perverse logic do you have to use to look past the obvious danger of it?

Old 02-07-2009, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

no ones bashing him, like reaper said we are just telling him its not a good idea. he can just do it, not hard at all, and see if he gets pulled over, worst is probably a fix it ticket. if he doesn't like it or gets pulled over then its a easy fix back.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

wow i jus wanted a simple yes or a no if its legal or illegal.trust me if i did decide to do it 90% of people that i would distract are already talking on their phones or texting etc..... i sapose if i asked would it be legal or illegal to tint the passenger side of your front windshield id get critized about that too?but i have seen it done to a newer model car

Old 02-07-2009, 06:08 PM
HCF Member

IMO i would say illegal. different states and cities have different vehicle laws so you will have to go to your local law enforcement agency and ask. they probably don't even have a law about this. lol. as for the tint in the front passenger side windshield, you will also need to check with your local laws. in california, that would be illegal. we are only allow to tint 3" on top of the front windshield.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I already told you; I'd be willing to bet it's illegal. Other members have already told you to go to the local PD and ask.

And 90% of the people you're going to distract are going to be on the phone or texting? Wow, I'd like to see the research behind that statistic.

And tinting half the windshield would probably look retarded.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

ok thanks for the help.im not personally looking to impress anyone about tinting my windshild and or any thing else i do with MY car but i do like the fact that tint keeps the inside of the car cooler that is why i was asking

Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by DjHagios
trust me if i did decide to do it 90% of people that i would distract are already talking on their phones or texting etc.....
if you do this mod, you would be further distracting them from driving and talking on the phone., thus increasing an accident. I'm not trying to hate on you, cause I think it is kinda cool, but sounds very illegal.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:49 AM
HCF Member

I would like to to exactly clarify what it is you are after. Do you want you headlight to flash with your indicator, or do you want your headlight to turn off when an indicator is on like they have on the new Chryslers?

If you want it to turn off I suppose it is not illegal if one of the big 3 are doing it.

But using your headlight as a your turn indicator is far too much light output to be flashing in people's faces.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Recognized HCF Member

JUST SAY NOOOOOO!!!!

yes tinting windows to dark is illegal and hazardous TO YOU... but if your flashing other drivers with your headlights that is hazardous TO THEM!

PLUS to even think about hooking that up you would need some relays some diodes and such to even hook that up to work. you cannt simply wire the headlights to the turn signal lights.... the extra power would fry your wiring!

but please dont do it... its illegal anywhere. its illegal to flash your lights for no good reason. you will get a ticket for it.

if you do want more light for at night when driving when turning then you can fab up something to turn on a light like on the side of your car. pretty much like a older towncar has. my old 84towncar had some lights on the front sides that came on with the turn signals and stayed on till the turn signal was turned off. BUT then again it was designed in the car from factory.... putting something like that on a civic would just not look right at all.....

Quick Reply: !!!!!!!!!!is it legal!!!!!!!!!!!