HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Inside and Out (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/)
-   -   Lips and mostly stock look (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/lips-mostly-stock-look-46850/)

BigBruceBaker 06-23-2007 02:20 PM

Lips and mostly stock look

Im trying to finish the car. I have the motor done and lookin for some 17 or 18" gunmetal rims. But mostly want to know if the mugen lip kit is the most favored. I like stock...im not into the flashy body kits or anything. If anyone has suggestions on lip kits please let me know

reaper2022 06-23-2007 05:08 PM

RE: Lips and mostly stock look

I have a 94 EX with a Mugen front lip, and I think it looks amazing. Just pay the extra $30get a polyurethane lip.. I got an ABS plastic one, and it was on the car fro less than two weeks when I dug the front bumper into the ground coming down a small embankment (at the construction site I work at).. cracked the lip in two places.

Anyway, I say get a Mugen front lip, EK sides, and a Type-R rear... that's my favorite combo, anyway.

BigBruceBaker 06-23-2007 05:35 PM

Man your car looks mean on the outside. Like what you have done. I cant decide if i want just a front lip or go all around.

Sigracer10 06-23-2007 05:42 PM

if you are doin just some lips then just do the front and rear. I personally like the type r lips on the front and rear and stockers for the sides. but if you like the look of the mugen then go with that cuz its looks pretty good as well. but still go with the type r rear. i think its the only good looking rear lip

reaper2022 06-23-2007 05:45 PM

Thanks, man... so far, I just have the front lip, and it looks pretty good by itself. It's not perfectly even with the sides, but it looks fine. I just love the way the EK sides and TypeR rear look; that's why I'm getting 'em.

I'd say just get the front lip for now... then once you have it on the car, you can decide if you want the sides and rear or not.

mybrokenblinker 06-23-2007 06:05 PM

I have a jdm type r front lip, i like it, nice and subtle...and go with 17's 18's start pushing the gap where they look to big for the car.

mill$civic 06-23-2007 06:36 PM

Type R for a suttle look.

BigBruceBaker 06-23-2007 07:38 PM

Yeah im all about the subtle which ya'll seem into to. Haha i get real tired of all the huge body kits and **** that just make the cars look rediculous. Yeah reaper ima go wit the front lip first...i think thats probably all ill do.

Broken blinker...what were you sayin bout the rims? Id be pushing it?

kokasian 06-23-2007 07:52 PM

he's saying get 17 inch rims because 18s are too big. I agree, 16s or 17s and a drop will be better than 18s

BigBruceBaker 06-23-2007 07:56 PM

yeah but wit a charger i can lay rubber through first 3 gears....wanted a little more traction. I have 16's right now....which are to small. So is the concencus 17's? Also i only want a 2 inch drop or less...i think i might race SCCA