Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Lips and mostly stock look

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Default Lips and mostly stock look

Im trying to finish the car. I have the motor done and lookin for some 17 or 18" gunmetal rims. But mostly want to know if the mugen lip kit is the most favored. I like stock...im not into the flashy body kits or anything. If anyone has suggestions on lip kits please let me know

Old 06-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Lips and mostly stock look

I have a 94 EX with a Mugen front lip, and I think it looks amazing. Just pay the extra $30get a polyurethane lip.. I got an ABS plastic one, and it was on the car fro less than two weeks when I dug the front bumper into the ground coming down a small embankment (at the construction site I work at).. cracked the lip in two places.

Anyway, I say get a Mugen front lip, EK sides, and a Type-R rear... that's my favorite combo, anyway.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:35 PM

Man your car looks mean on the outside. Like what you have done. I cant decide if i want just a front lip or go all around.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:42 PM
HCF Member

if you are doin just some lips then just do the front and rear. I personally like the type r lips on the front and rear and stockers for the sides. but if you like the look of the mugen then go with that cuz its looks pretty good as well. but still go with the type r rear. i think its the only good looking rear lip

Old 06-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Thanks, man... so far, I just have the front lip, and it looks pretty good by itself. It's not perfectly even with the sides, but it looks fine. I just love the way the EK sides and TypeR rear look; that's why I'm getting 'em.

I'd say just get the front lip for now... then once you have it on the car, you can decide if you want the sides and rear or not.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

I have a jdm type r front lip, i like it, nice and subtle...and go with 17's 18's start pushing the gap where they look to big for the car.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

Type R for a suttle look.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:38 PM

Yeah im all about the subtle which ya'll seem into to. Haha i get real tired of all the huge body kits and **** that just make the cars look rediculous. Yeah reaper ima go wit the front lip first...i think thats probably all ill do.

Broken blinker...what were you sayin bout the rims? Id be pushing it?

Old 06-23-2007, 07:52 PM

he's saying get 17 inch rims because 18s are too big. I agree, 16s or 17s and a drop will be better than 18s

Old 06-23-2007, 07:56 PM

yeah but wit a charger i can lay rubber through first 3 gears....wanted a little more traction. I have 16's right now....which are to small. So is the concencus 17's? Also i only want a 2 inch drop or less...i think i might race SCCA

Quick Reply: Lips and mostly stock look