Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Look what i got in the mail today

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM
HCF Member
Default Look what i got in the mail today

just got this in the mail today, some sidemarkers. not OEM stanley though unfortunately. I got the Depo ones on ebay for $18 shipped. didnt want to spend the $45 for oem ones since i have a feeling someone is going to walk by and rip them off. In the picture the sidemarkers looked smoked so i ordered them but they are just amber, i cant really complain since they are just $18. Hope to have them installed this weekend, lets see how it goes, will take lots of pics and maybe write a DIY with enough request.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Nice... they might not be Stanleys, but they still look amazing. Do you have a template to cut the holes in the fenders or are you just going to be doing a lot of measuring?

And you can still smoke them... it's called VHT Niteshades

Old 09-11-2009, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

i think you should smoke them yourself i think the ambers would be too bright on your car

Old 09-11-2009, 09:48 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Nice... they might not be Stanleys, but they still look amazing. Do you have a template to cut the holes in the fenders or are you just going to be doing a lot of measuring?

And you can still smoke them... it's called VHT Niteshades
i have the template printed out, gonna test fit them onto cardboard and it fits perfectly. now i cant decide if i should put the paper template on top of the fender to cut or use the cardboard template cutout to cut the fender.

Definitely have VHT nightshade on my mind, gonna see how it will look when i get it installed tomorrow. if its too amber and need some smoking to it then definitely VHT. if i do get it i plan to do my taillights. I have the idea of smoking the white bottom half of the taillight, just a really really light smoke to it. what do you guys think?

Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 PM

If you wanted smoked and inexpensive, you shoulda got these:
http://passwordjdm.com/JDM-EK-96-00-...P1400C164.aspx

also, you can pay $15 extra and get a wire harness (plugs into the side marker and has 7 feet of wire... you take the other end of the wire and tap into the corner light)

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-11-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:08 PM
HCF Member

i think i should have got those, i forgot the price of $45 was with the wiring harness. but i'm gonna make my own wirings, plan to use some crimps, not sure if thats what you call them, and then get some 14 gauge wires, is that good enough gauge?

Old 09-12-2009, 03:04 AM
HCF Member

nice looks great on hondas

Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 AM
HCF Member

14awg should be plenty i forgot where but there was a place where i saw how to either wire them to blink with the blinkers and there was one to make them blink opposite of the blinkers which would be pretty sweet. vht them and the 50% of your tails and when you get done with the template remeasure them yourself to double check them

Old 09-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well if your worried abotu someone ripping them off then get some 5min epoxy mix it really good with the fender off the car and it snaped inplace and just plaster the back side of the lense housing and fender ruffly 1/2-1inch overlap or so to really make that light never move! just dont glue around the actual bulb. bulbs go bad and need replaced

Old 09-12-2009, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the suggestions and comments guys. just got them installed today, took me half an hour to measure them, then had a friend come over to dremel it for 20 minutes then a thunderstorm came, so we stopped went to local auto store to pick up some terminals and wires, drove to his house and worked on it in his garage. took a total of 3 hours (longer than i expected). what do you guys think of the sidemarkers? should i smoke them?

Last edited by sfazngiants; 09-12-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Look what i got in the mail today