Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Looking for HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:32 PM
HCF Member
Default Looking for HIDs

thanks so far with the help to fix my halos.... where can I buy some HID bulbs for my H1 halo projectors? How much are they? How easy is it to install? And last but not least, will they fit in just like the bulbs I have now?

Old 04-09-2006, 08:21 AM
February 2010 ROTM
Default RE: Looking for HIDs

you have to know the bulb size then go to superhids.com that is where i got mine came with havy duty wiring kit which was nice....they are simple to install run some wires and put the bulbs in and yes they will fit where the bubls go now.....i was told not to get HID's in the projectors because the cheaply made ones will actully melt the housing......the hardest process of installing hids is taking off the bumped i'd say....took all of 20 mins to do....oh yea mine cost 300 shipped and were 8k's

Old 04-09-2006, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

How do i know if my projectors are not cheap? I bought them from an actual store and the box I remember said angel eye. They were expensive so i figured they were good quality... Is the projector part of the headlight not glass then? Or is the meltable part just the plastic housing? I am really wanting to buy them, but I definetly do not want any melting for my lights, either!

Old 04-09-2006, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: justinwebb

you have to know the bulb size then go to superhids.com that is where i got mine came with havy duty wiring kit which was nice....they are simple to install run some wires and put the bulbs in and yes they will fit where the bubls go now.....i was told not to get HID's in the projectors because the cheaply made ones will actully melt the housing......the hardest process of installing hids is taking off the bumped i'd say....took all of 20 mins to do....oh yea mine cost 300 shipped and were 8k's
do you have the HIDs in thos headlights in your sig..i have the same headlights so i want to no if you had problems with the HID melting them ?

Old 04-09-2006, 12:33 PM
HCF Member

If HIDs arent safe for my projectors, are there any other kind of bulbs I can put in that are bright, but not dangerous? I have a set of PIAA bulbs and they are bright... but not as bright as I want them to be.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:53 PM
February 2010 ROTM

nope that is an old pic i have the stock headlights in my car now cause i didn't want to take the chance with $300

Old 04-09-2006, 02:32 PM
HCF Member

i still don't uinderstand how HID's can melt projectors, the bulbs themselves produce LESS heat then halogen bulbs.... i dunno i am just going to use my stock headlights and get a set of High/Low HID's so i still have my highbeams

Old 04-09-2006, 05:04 PM
February 2010 ROTM

the projectors weren't meant for HID's but if you wanna try them out by all means go right ahead i have just read in other forums that some people have had their cheap projectors melt....and also the projectors will not look good at all with the HID's since they weren't designed to that type of light output more than likly there will be lots of glare and spotting.....if anyone wants to waste $300 go right ahead i am just trying to help

Old 04-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

my friend found some HID's that were 33,000 K, i guess they are purple, we saw some on an escalade once, they pretty much lit everything up like it was day time...

Old 04-09-2006, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

So what I've gotten out of this is that HIDs are brighter but not as warm, they will either melt my projectors or spot them... has anyone ever tried to put HIDs in the projectors to see if they are better than stock bubls? My dad has a Benz and a bunch of Audis with HIDs with projectors and nothing is wrong with them and they are way bright. True, the projectors are made for the bulbs, but I need to know for sure before I drop 300...

Quick Reply: Looking for HIDs