Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Making a body kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 PM
HCF Member

i thought i saw a set, but probably didnt.. just my mind wanting to see something that isnt there. well looks like im ordering the smoked JDM ones then, if i cant find them tomorrow.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:46 PM

sweet, i like those.

just an FYI, if you're talking about the "JDM" headlights on eBay they're not really JDM, it's just a trick eBay sellers use to either add excitement to people who don't know any better to make the product sound better, or to actually make you think it's JDM if you don't know any better.

They're still quality headlights though. Pretty much all headlights on eBay are fine, you just have to seal them around the edges of the clear lens with clear silicone sealant. Otherwise, they'll likely fog up on the inside.

Just thought about this, since you mentioned rear del sol conversion, idk if you're doing it or not though...
If you ever need taillights from a del Sol for your project, my local junkyard has a del Sol with a mint set of them on it. I'll call them and check at the time before we do anything, but you could paypal me the money they want for them + shipping to you + like $5 for me going out there to get them off the car and stuff and i could go pick them up for you and mail them.
I think the junkyard only wanted like $30 for them, or some ridiculously low price, which is why i'm bringing it up.
If you ever want to do that though, you have my word that I won't screw you over, and we can use paypal so in the event that i did screw you over (which i won't, lol, just mentioning this so you know it's safe) you would just file a claim on paypal and get your money back.

I went there for some door wire harnesses and saw the taillights and they were like "$30" or something and i was like damn, this is a good deal, too bad i don't need them for anything. lol

Last edited by trustdestruction; 02-19-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

so there was finally a nice clear day to push the car out of the garage to take some pics before i pushed her back in. i took like 40 pics, but i figure i only need like 4 posted.
Name:  DSCF2099.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  DSCF2095.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  28.5 KB

Name:  DSCF2102.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  37.2 KB

bought it wrecked 200 dollars... the whole front end was messed up. along with the sides this is the work i've done so far and im takin off the front bumper and fenders soon

Name:  DSCF2097.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  36.2 KB
i dont wanna hear it... i know its rice tail lights... im replacing them soon... Very Soon.
the exhaust sticks out too much as well... another thing to add to the list, or i might just have the bumper drop straight down instead of curving in...
but yeah so thats what the sled looks like before any mods im doing to it... gotta wait til this weekend to start tearing into the bodywork

Old 02-23-2009, 08:21 PM

^about the exhaust, just get the axle back shortened a few inches right behind the muffler. I had the same exact problem and i got it fixed today for $50.

Is that the apex-i active silencer?

Old 02-23-2009, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

yup. i bought an N1 and thought i was too loud, so i bought the ATS. its pretty good, it works and keeps the LEO's off my case. ill cut it and weld it eventually. i also have to re-weld a hanger. i went down the wrong road and broke it on a speed bump. lol. and i was even going slow!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Super Cereal Admin

For the record, I really can't wait to see how this turns out

Regarding the tails, are you keeping the car black? If so, you could always just black out the taillights you have; you saw how my mustang is in the headlights thread... I'm thinking blacked out tails would look pretty good on a black civic. Also, you need to lower the car lol

Old 02-24-2009, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
they don't make projector headlights for del sols.
i have seen one set in my life, not even in person, but it was a custom retrofit.

Wronnggg <3

Ive seen a retrofit for sale actually the other day. 1000 Canadian if i remember correct.

and here's ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CRX-DEL-SOL-92-97...ayphotohosting

Old 02-24-2009, 01:45 PM

^retrofit

Old 02-24-2009, 01:49 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
^retrofit
now you've seen 2

Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

yeah, the car is staying black. once i get everything done im gonna paint it single stage black so it has the flat finish. also painting the chrome window trim. i was looking for some VHT niteshades spray, but i couldnt find it anywhere. well at the autozone and oreilly's around here they dont have it...

Quick Reply: Making a body kit