Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Milano Red

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:53 AM
HCF Member
Default Milano Red

Hey, so I'm debating getting my car repainted and having all the little dings taken out. The previous owner had a rather crappy reddish orange paint put on it. Its attracted a lot of negative cop attention and its starting to fade. I was thinking Milano Red as its actually, you know, a real red. I realize that bright red still tends to attract cops, but hey, at least it'll look like other red Civics, right? Any thoughts?
Anyone have pictures of Milano Red Civics?

I'm also debating exactly how I should go about getting it painted. I want the bumpers to be completely painted, but I also would like my side skirts, and front/rear lips painted to match. Can I just leave the lips in the car and ask them to paint them off the car or am I going to have to get it painted, take it home, then put the lips on and take it back? I know it varies by who's doing it most likely, but in general, do paint shops care if they paint something not on the car?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

From my experience, they charge more for labour in taking the lips etc. off. That's just at the place that I've been to though. It would be cheaper to take it off yourself, unless you find a real sweet shop I'm guessing.. They will do it for you if you want them to. Or if you leave them on, and don't ask them to take them off, and bring it to a cheap place, then they'll just do it overtop! And make the whole car look ugly! lol

Old 09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
HCF Member

you can take them off yourself, but they shouldn't charge you extra for that, it should be covered under the general labor charge. Just make sure you do a lot of prep work and find a good shop. Milano Red is a very difficult paint to get right, it's a three stage that requires a little work. other than that, good color choice cops aren't that bad if you drive like you're supposed to

Old 09-25-2008, 02:55 PM
February 2010 ROTM

love me R81 civic ...color code for milano

Old 09-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

yes if you go to an experienced body shop they should automatically pull your bumpers to paint them (it does cost more thats why you pay for a good paint vs a macco paint job that only last a year or so) and a good body man should be able to paint your ss without removing them.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

I'm still trying to find a good place to take it to. I'm still waiting for stuff to get in though, so I have a little while.

The car was originally painted milano red, like I said, they did a crummy paint job. The door jams, under the hood, under the trunk, etc. are still the original color.

I'm typically very good actually... Cops just hate me. I got a ticket for merging onto I25 going 60 (that section is 75) Apparently you're supposed to merge on going the speed of the road before. So I got a ticket for 58 in a 35. Interesting. I was on the on ramp, it wasn't well before or anything. I explained that to the DA and they dropped it. Mwahaha. Beyond that, I've gotten pulled over for my perfectly legal tinting a couple of times. Bah. I swear its the bright red paint. :P

Last edited by Shbek; 09-25-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

the tint does look a little dark, in my sig, it's the legal % in sc, which is close to the national average. yours looks a lot darker

Old 09-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Default have 2000 si

Hello, I have 2000 si coup. I love the milano red. I think it the way to go. But you can't go wrong by sticking to the original honda si colors. Black, milano red, electron blue (also sweet). I will up load some pics of the my rided so you can check it out. Chatch up with you later.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
the tint does look a little dark, in my sig, it's the legal % in sc, which is close to the national average. yours looks a lot darker
How bright red my car is sort of makes the windows look darker I guess. Colorado has two limits, one is 27% all-round, the second is front untinted and back can be 0% for all they care. I've got exactly 27% I pretty much just tell the cop to check it, and they tell me to drive safely.