Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls.... pg 3 pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls.... pg 3 pics

well main reason for HAVAC controls.... and IM SURE MOST OF YOU GUYS RUNNEN AC WILL LIKE THIS MOD AS WELL... cause I KNOW you also have a problem seeing if the AC/REC/DEFR lights lite up! its a huge PITA FOR ME!!!!!!! those DULL @SS YELLOW AND GREEN LEDS BLOW!!!!!!! takes me 5-10seconds of moving my head around trying to figure out if my AC is turned on or not!
cost for swaping out those little leds is only like $2.54 MINUS shiping costs which is like 3.95.
WELL WORTH IT so you just glims over and youll KNOW if its ON or OFF!
just have to either use the 3MM leds OR shave down the 5MM leds which ill be shaving myself.... cause i have some 5MMs green and only 3MM blue leds.LOL so ill just make it fit like stock ones are. looks very easy enough with my little sander!

so im upgrading those resistor and leds to 2 blue for REC/DEFR and 1green for AC... also 2more blue leds for the backlighting of those buttons since they are so dull OR not working to see at night.LOL

also bought another EX cluster so i can see what some GREEN flexstrips can look like i should get the other cluster thursday and HOPEFULLY my flexstrips same day or wed.....
ive already got a extra HAVAC controls so im gonna start swaping out the resistors and leds cause i already have extras
and then just waiting for the flexstrips...
this time im doing ONE 2.4inch white flexstrip to keep the center TEMP section COLOR TRUE at night... and cuting up my old blue flexstrip so its only one TOP and BOTTOM of the other controls.... should look TONS BETER!!!!!!!!

im not sure HOW the green cluster will look BUT its only a experiment so i might mix and match colors... blue on oursides and green for speedo.....
i got some blue strips and KNOW some of you guys would buy my modded cluster so im not scared about lossing money.... [8D]

Old 07-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Default RE: JUST ORDERED. more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls....

post pics when they come in! good ideas all around...SELL ME ONE OF YOUR EX CLUSTERS!!!! lol

Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Default RE: JUST ORDERED. more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls....

Eventually its gonna look like daylight in your car, lol. Keep us posted on all the LEDs you put in. You have yet to top the cup holder lights..

Old 07-07-2007, 07:52 PM

[sm=alcoholic.gif]I want a led cup holder...

Old 07-07-2007, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

i'm f'ing sick of thinking about wiring, i've just spent hours upon hours feeding and running wires to wire up my trunk light, after all of the work, i plug it in, and the damn thing doesn't work, i'm so pissed right now, i'm just gonna rip it all out tomorrow.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

should be pretty nice. wiring and splicing and all that takes FOREVER!!!

Old 07-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

i'm f'ing sick of thinking about wiring, i've just spent hours upon hours feeding and running wires to wire up my trunk light, after all of the work, i plug it in, and the damn thing doesn't work, i'm so pissed right now, i'm just gonna rip it all out tomorrow.
why not use your stock wiring back thier? just take out your stock trunk light and tie into the wires thier!
thats what i plan on doing when ever i put some lights in my trunk..... i plan on puting some flexstrips on the trunk lid that way when the trunk is open they are aiming straight down to the up the trunk around surrounding area preaty good...

BUT i do have the led cup holder instaled now tho i just quickly wired it up into the cig lighter wires so they are lite up when ever the key is turned on works fine.... when ever i wire up the lights for inside the car ill wire the flasher device inplace so they flash like planed...

tho i did find out my colored blue refiled gatorade bottles dont glow as well as gatorade...LOL i still gotta take some pictures of my 2 gatorades inplace..... they look even brighter than these.
Name:  slamology-02.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  19.4 KB
Name:  slamology-04.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  53.4 KB

and well my interior is never gonna be lite up that much.LOL just keeping it preaty simple......... i dont wanna be blinded every time i get into my car

i could make them and sell them if people wanted to pay for em tho not looking to make a buisness outta it but geting some profit for my time and work would be nice
id say like its $48 just for the lights.... typicaly about 50bucks for a used cluster.... 35bucks for a cupholder... and id want about 50bucks for my time and supplies! and then thiers shiping the cluster to ya which is probably ruffly 15bucks. so ruffly 198bucks....
but if ya can go without your cluster and cup holder for about a week it would cut the price down to 113bucks to modify yours... take me about 1day 2TOPS to cut it all up and wire in the lights... and then just ship it back to ya...
BUT if ya want the AC controls done as well thats extra again... costs 20bucks in lights... say just 15bucks to modify the 99-00 ac buttons and main controls. so 35bucks to modify yours.... or if i can find some used controls which dont pop up on ebay very much... about 55bucks for one right now with ac
but i paid like 40bucks for my extra ac controls to modify....
BUT the 96-98 controls i havent seen so not sure how to do those personaly....

BUT like i said i dont plan on making a buisness outta it cause lets face it when ya add up all the $$ it can get kinda costly.... hel ive probably spent at least 1K bucks on lights over at http://www.oznium.com/ LOL BUT not all for my civic... ive got 2 sets of HIDs probably 20 orders of cold cathodes, aBUNCH of leds and resistors as well as prewired leds and flexstrips...LOL
BUT at least i know im geting a great deal for the product quality!!!!! no ebay leds for me!

just wait till you see the difference between the STOCK leds in the AC buttons compared to the bright leds from OZ....
i tested one out last night and boy do those stock leds SUCK!
ill start unsoldering and soldering in the new leds for the AC buttons tomorow night for sure. i got a soar throat that realy sucks right now!

Old 07-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well i got bored and desided to take some pics of the leds....

stock yellow led......... aaaaaaaaa aint it cute....
Name:  leds-1.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  30.8 KB

THEN compared to my blue led
Name:  leds-2.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  29.9 KB
Name:  leds-3.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  22.1 KB

O that not convincing enough that the stock led sucks.......... how about this picture!
Name:  leds-4.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  31.0 KB

F YA!!!!!!! thats what its suposed to look like!!!!!!! ill definatly be able to see if my AC or defroster or recirculat feature is turned on!!!!!!

tho i do have to shave d own the sides alittle so they fit inside thru the buttons and im also gonna sand the tips to help alittle bit with a even flow....

Old 07-08-2007, 09:41 AM
HCF Member

Post pics when ure done

Old 07-08-2007, 10:51 AM
HCF Member

man that will look sweet if you mix the green and blue on the cluster.. deffinitly post pics!

Quick Reply: more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls.... pg 3 pics