Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

My new civic - please comment and give me ideas for mods.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 07:42 PM
HCF Member
Default My new civic - please comment and give me ideas for mods.

1997 Honda Civic DX Coupe - Just hit 100K miles on it, fixing a transmission leak tomorrow.. May need a new trans, got one on hold for me for 300$ incase I do. A good friend of mine owns a junkyard. Anyways, here she is:

Lol yes I know, it needs a wash and wax. Also you can't even tell but there is a massive crack on the windshield, getting it replaced tomorrow.

Right, well first thing I'm doing is 5% tints, all around.

Next I'm getting EITHER of these headlights (lemme know which you think is better):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-98...=p4506.c0.m245

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...=p4506.c0.m245

And tail lights:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-00...Q5fAccessories

As for rims, I might check local shops for cheaper 16" rim + tires. If I were to buy online, these definitely caught my eye:

http://www.performanceplustire.com/p...939#prodAnchor

They're 600$.. about 100$ more than I'd like to spend :\

Any suggestions to nicer rims? More affordable ones? Better headlights? Tail lights? I'm also getting an aftermarket CD player.. probably pick it up from best buy or something for a hundred bucks. 850$ is my preferred spending limit.

Last edited by x1mpr0x; 09-04-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

Ill just show what I would get but our taste is completely different so take it or leave it.
[My Taste = Clean]
[Your Taste = Overdone and Flashy]

Tails

HeadLights

And as for rims....... motegi is my least favorite brand of rims. try looking at drag rims......

dicountiredirect.com is a good site to shop for rim+tire combo

Old 09-04-2009, 07:54 PM

typical

you have a good starting point, but...

those taillights are ugly, the headlights are okay, and the wheels are a little too flashy/don't flow with the car at all.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

I live in Dearborn, Michigan. Everyone here puts 22" rims on everything they drive and sound system. It's a middle class area but everyone here REALLY cares about their cars.. I've seen spinners/rims/custom tail lights on EVERY car imaginable except a honda civic.. I've seen maserati's and bentley's.. even a Maybach. I'd be the only one with a flashy civic, I want flashy.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/776678

^ My goal lol

Nike those look too much like the stock tail lights to even bother :\ I like these black, with the black headlights, 5% tints, and black rims, with a wax of course. It'll look nice, no?

Last edited by x1mpr0x; 09-04-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:07 PM

So you want to be like everyone else. COOL

At least mod your car with good taste...

P.S. those cars deserve to be flashy. A Civic does not. What are you showing off? Your $3000 econo-box?

I don't know about you but I got a Civic because they are reliable, easy to find parts for, inexpensive, and get good gas mileage. The key to modifying your car is to make the mods look like they should have come like that from the factory because it looks cleaner and nicer.

Flashy taillights and wheels don't make your car look better, they just make it look like you're trying way too hard to stand out in your $3000 econo-box.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-04-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

No I am not, you must live in a harsh community... I will definitely get looks, anyone who makes a honda civic look like that will get looks over here. Old grand prix's with 22's get looks, it's the work you put into your car.

Lmao I still don't know what ricer is, show me one of your role models? Maybe you can sway me? :\

Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 PM

Sorry to inform you but changing your wheels takes less than half an hour. Changing your taillights takes 10 minutes. Changing your headlights might take you an hour. So you put 1 hour and 40 minutes into your car? Impressive.

Why does modding your Civic have to be about getting "looks" and "turning heads"? Do you really care that much what everyone around you likes?
Hell, when I got my del Sol, the first thing my ill-informed friend told me was that I should have got a big spoiler. I explained to him why that would look stupid, and now he changed his mind. You have to learn to appreciate the simple/clean looking cars and not so much the ones that force you to strain your eyes to tell what the car is.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-04-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:19 PM

Would you drive this?

Name:  ricer_civic_2.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  43.6 KB

Old 09-04-2009, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

LOL NO! What the hell is that? That's bad ***! But I wouldn't wanna be seen anywhere near it.. it's quite entertaining though. This car is going to be my project/winter car. I've got 13k and I'm going to a Nissan and Infiniti auction later this week, I'm looking for a 350z or a G35 coupe. So you see, this is going to be my winter car and my "i'm bored lets take out the civic" car.. and when I save money I'm doing an engine swap and turbos and all of that good ****. I love this car, but I don't intend on rockin it too much during the summer. I might have immature tastes, but that guys civic on cardomain is bad ***....

I do not like spoilers on honda civics, they aren't fast. I am not trying to make my car look fast, I think that's what you mean by Ricer. asian wannabes who put stickers and spoilers on there car. I like blacked out cars, that's it.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

lol. <rant>

YOUR ROLE MODEL CAR LOOKS LIKE THE SPACESHIP MY LITTLE CUZIN FLYS IN HIS SPACE VIDEO GAME!

those types of mods are ugly, that body kit doesnt flow, and lambos dont even have vertical doors anymore... that must be saying something. not to bash, but honestly, if you want your car to look like that then this forum probably isnt the best place to try and get help, or attention, and definetly not the right place to obtain opinions anywhere near the same as yours. an fromthe looks of the neieborhood around your car in the pics, it looks liek you live in a decent "hood" lol. not some street gang place where big rims and chrome is the only way to stay alive. the stuff nike posted are nice, you can even leave the tails the way they are. and the headlights you can paint yourself. actually putting time and work into your car will tun heads, not soemthingflaming leik that.

</rant>
best thing to do, save all the money you get and plan on spending on anything, dont buy anythign for the car, put the money aside. keep pokeing around the net for a while, learn some stuff, GROW UP, and then spend the money in a more better way.

Quick Reply: My new civic - please comment and give me ideas for mods.