Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

need a lil general help with building a nice civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Default need a lil general help with building a nice civic

hey guys, ive been reading civic stuff and looking at quite a number of tuner parts for a while now. Im gonna get a 2000 civic si soon and i was wondering if u guys have any suggestions on making a nice looking racer or have any good parts u want to shout out. the first on my list is either a simple GReddy bolt on turbo, or a Full-Race stage 1 or 2. suggestions on turbos would also be a huge help. anything exterior and interior would be cool too. sacicion i could use ur help

Old 04-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Default RE: need a lil general help with building a nice civic

Wheels. Get some nice 17 inch wheels for it, nothing bigger than that. Then start on the motor.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:44 PM

how old are you

Old 04-12-2005, 11:25 PM
HCF Member

wheels tint turbo........sleeper

Old 04-12-2005, 11:52 PM

wheels-check, tint-check, now i need to get my broke *** some money for a b16a2 this summer and turbo it

Old 04-13-2005, 12:52 AM

suggestions on turbo's or set up's it's a little more pricy the greddy but hks makes sick turbo's and good kits for honda's i would atleast upgrade your internals if your going to add a turbo the chances of you blowing the motor stock with a turbo are much higher plus it would bump you up a stage. As far as appearance keep it clean full body kit's are nice or even lip kits like mossy has a nice front lip on his civic and for god sakes dont do led hood squirters or those tire fly things and try to stay away from alumminum wings go fiber glass for a wing and dont make it huge. the 2 most important part's of makeing your ride look good or the parts i should say that will make your ride say something and stand out is the body kit and the wheels. oh and keep the stickers to a couple. Best of luck with your car i hope it goes well

Old 04-13-2005, 10:24 AM

Wheels and lower, colour code body if not already done so,, Modest bodykit and rear spoiler( but a small one)

Like this and your winning

http://www.car-vs-car.de/gal/Hon2836.html

Old 04-13-2005, 01:39 PM
HCF Member

it all depends on what you plan on doing with your car.

and a turbo shouldnt blow ur engine stock if ur only runnin 6-8 psi, 'specially on a '00 Si since its runnin a b16a1

another thing: stay away from body kits. i know they look cool, but theyre not gunna make your car faster. in fact, they will make your car slower b/c ur adding weight. you also wanna try to stay away from wings. they wont do anything for a street car

Old 04-13-2005, 07:39 PM

hks has sum good turbos i agree. dont worry ppl im not gonna go all rice on you and put leds and a big *** spoiler. im actually gonna go no wing. it looks cleaner to me. any good lip kits or modest body kits u wanna sho me? oh yeah and a good paintjob color.
by the way im 16

Old 04-13-2005, 10:41 PM

K body kit's arent that heavy most fiber glass kits weigh only a few pounds more then the stock bumpers and side skirts my rear body kit wighed 3 pounds less then my stock rear bumper my front end wighed 8 pounds more then my stock front end and my sides wighed barely more then the stock sides yes i did weigh them just cause i was proving a point to a buddy of mine a while ago about the weight of a body kit and if you've got a beefed up turboed b16 umm 10-25lbs is not going to make any difference plus theres nothing sicker looking then a nice clean front end with a big *** intercooler peeking out of it go with a kit just do it right

Quick Reply: need a lil general help with building a nice civic