Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Need paint work and some labor work, prices?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:11 PM
HCF Member
Default Need paint work and some labor work, prices?

I'm ordering two custom fenders off ebay right now, they come primed. I'd like to know a rough estimate of how much it'd cost to paint them (factory black) and how much it'd cost to put them on. Also where can I do this? A body/collision shop? Any advice on this subject is very much appreciated.. getting a body kit (bumper, rear bumper, side skirts) soon as well.

thanks!

Old 09-04-2009, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

I've worked in a street rod shop for years and this is a hard one to answer. A lot of different factors to take into account. The fenders maybe real good quality and bolt right on no problem, or they may require extensive modifications oto fit properly. Best bet is to take them to a shop and ask.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by x1mpr0x
I'm ordering two custom fenders off ebay right now, they come primed. I'd like to know a rough estimate of how much it'd cost to paint them (factory black) and how much it'd cost to put them on. Also where can I do this? A body/collision shop? Any advice on this subject is very much appreciated.. getting a body kit (bumper, rear bumper, side skirts) soon as well. thanks!
Oh god... custom fenders.... off of ebay.. I'll take a shot and say they are "jdm" lulz.

Yes, a body/collision shop would do this type of thing. Call them, each one will have a different estimate for you.

Originally Posted by Kustombuilt
The fenders maybe real good quality and bolt right on no problem, or they may require extensive modifications to fit properly. Best bet is to take them to a shop and ask.
+1

Also, if you plan on putting a full body kit on (hold up...let me clean the puke up off the floor real quick.....................), just wait until you have everything and have the car painted once. Don't waste your money have the fenders painted and then the doors and bumpers blended, then getting a body kit and repeating the process.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 PM
HCF Member

Rice fenders FTL, but some ebay sellers can send you fenders already painted to the color of your car.... have you asked about this?

Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

Wow I didn't even stop to think these may be low quality.. It's 420$ shipped for the bodykit. Does anyone have experience with these?

And I'll look into pre-painted ones... Idk what rice means, I just think my car would look good with a bodykit. Is that bad?

Old 09-04-2009, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

$420 shipped, you can easily expect to spend triple that (probably more) getting it mounted and painted. Shops generally charge $60 an hour or more, (at our shop we're charging $75) for custom work. That doesn't gererally include any materials, which are all extra. So it can add up in a real hurry! Do your home work and find a reputable shop that will stand behind their work. You don't want to spend the money just to have the paint flake off or any other horror story you may or may not have heard.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

no just a matter of preference

Old 09-04-2009, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

Well I only wanted the bodykits because I fell in love with a civic I seen on cardomain, now that I realize it's THAT expensive. I think I'll wait till I get my headlights + taillights + tints + rims on before I decide if I want a bodykit or not.. I think it'll look good without the kit.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by x1mpr0x
Well I only wanted the bodykits because I fell in love with a civic I seen on cardomain, now that I realize it's THAT expensive. I think I'll wait till I get my headlights + taillights + tints + rims on before I decide if I want a bodykit or not.. I think it'll look good without the kit.
lol... Cardomain, where everyone praises cars with stickers, aluminum wings which double as a park bench, and cluster-fu$ks of wires chillin out in the open (under the hood and in the cabin of course!).

Yes, it will look good with no body kit. Look at some lips (either the "type R" style, or "mugen" style) instead. They are cheaper, easier to mount, and looks a lot cleaner.

I'm scared to ask what headlights/tailights/rims you want. hehe

Old 09-04-2009, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

Hmm, I took pics of my car. I'll make a new thread with pics and post the stuff I plan on doing, and i'll pm you a link. I'd like your input

Quick Reply: Need paint work and some labor work, prices?