Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

New drop instaled. the 99 is now able to go low!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: New drop instaled. the 99 is now able to go low!

thanks... this is how it sits right now.....
Name:  KONIGC-47.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  104.1 KB

but as soon as i get my camber kits im going to lower it alittle bit more.. not a whole lot.... but alittle more. im talking to GC to see if they got something that might give alittle more lift to the coilovers.... i like the drop! but ill probably never have it really that low as it can go... but id like to have more lift for the winter so i can clear snow more... i hope they have a good idea thats not to much more $$!
they say 0.5-4inch drop expected but mine seems abit much even at the highest setting....
i have them turned as high as they can go fully threaded on the perches. and id say thats a 1.5-2inch drop at highest seting.
i know my koni struts has 1inch higher setting perch on the rear, but the fronts only have 2 and its on the highest mark already.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:07 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

Nothing wrong with making a show car. That black is done perfectly on that car, you think you might get another project car for performance?
why not do performance upgrades on the same car? He just did some of that with the new suspension.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:14 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Because he'll never get the power out of that that he wants im sure. Automatic just wouldnt be worth trying to build.

But that drop looks sick on your car. I cant wait till you have it all done, Im curious how much more stiff of a ride it is than the s-techs. Ive been thinking about buying the GCs but I dont want a stiff ride.

Your wheels are sex.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:38 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

im talking to GC to see if they got something that might give alittle more lift to the coilovers.... i like the drop! but ill probably never have it really that low as it can go... but id like to have more lift for the winter so i can clear snow more... i hope they have a good idea thats not to much more $$!
longer springs

Old 05-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i hope he gets back to me on what ever parts i need to lift more....

i got the standard spring rates a believe so its not to bad at alll..... the Stechs might have been a little bit softer but not by much IMO so far... the ability to adjust your suspension is defiantly hands down better! my old Stechs were not all even and i didnt like that! it was like i think 1/2-3/4inch higher on one wheel than the other side and i didnt care for that to much! plus if i kept them on during the winter id be lower than id want to be to clear the snow..... and tho its not always really important in the winter but at times it helps alot when it comes to laying frame on the ice/snow..... NEVER FUN! indiana weather... ya never know whats afew days away!

and with the performance.... im not really up for performance. i like looks/style and sound and MAINLY "MPG" tho sound by stereo not exaust.... i like my 99 to be my creeper but if i do upgrade it it will be with a RSR exaust but thats not till next years tax check probably. its not high at all on the to do list.
ive thought about a manual swap BUT with traffic im sometimes stuck in its a huge PITA. that little bit of fun is just not worth it for a daily driver!

Old 05-17-2008, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

Nice, those S-techs, how much did it lower your car? I'm looking to buy some but I live in the hills and might scrape alot

Old 05-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: justinwebb

wow your camber is dicked....i would get that kit on as soon as it comes cause that will destroy your tires....and its too low IMO wont be useful at all
no offense or anything, but have you actually driven a car with a ton of negative camber for an extended period of time? Because I have. Right now, I'm tucking tire on all four corners with about 3* of negative camber. A week after lowering it, I got it aligned... that was 3.5 months and 5k miles ago. Guess how much tire wear I have... none.

Last summer, on the other hand, I slammed it without getting an alignment... my tires lasted 3k miles before the cords showed. Some people might have said it was camber wear (especially considering it was mostly on the inside of the tire), but they'd be dead wrong. The wear was feathered, not smooth. That means the toe was off; the camber didn't have much to do with the premature death of my Coopers.

My point is, camber isn't the tire killer everyone makes it out to be. Toe is what kills tires. Will camber detract from the life of your tires? You bet. How much? Maybe a few hundred miles. Also, if addiction set the camber back to stock, I'd give it around a 95% chance that his tires would rub when he hit bumps, even though he has the right offset wheels.

(sorry, addiction, I know you already know all this, but I'd rather have information backed by facts on the site rather than simply what someone heard and repeated with no direct experience (which I'll admit even I do on occasion))

Also, the drop looks amazing, addiction.

*edit: sde, the s-techs lower EK's 1.7" in front and 1.9" in back if I remember correctly (or maybe I have the front/back numbers mixed up... I do that sometimes). Either way, it's just under a 2" drop all around. You shouldn't have many scraping problems. I live in the middle of nowhere, home of the world's s**tiest roads, and I own the lowest civic around. I barely ever scrape (when I do, it's usually on speed bumps the size and shape of small mountains).

Old 05-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well my rear PROBABLY WONT rub.... i have already rolled my fender lips from before when i had the Stechs instaled. now the fronts if i go to low the tires will rub the fender metal outside when turning close to lock, and that was during a crawl speed. id hate to hit bump or dip and crunch my fenders up! so if i do go to low in the front ill have to make up some kinda bump stop to stop the steering from going past a certain point.... which i think i can do with some steel and a welder on both sides it will shorten my turning ability BUT it would keep the fenders kinda safe.LOL
but thats just something im thinking of if i do decide to keep the front low.

after i get the camber kits i might not be able to have alignment in factory specs but im cool with alittle negative camber.
im just curious how much negative camber would look to bad.... i do have a think for cosmetic looks so i dont want it to bad.
DECISIONS DECISIONS DECISIONS ....... i love that about this new suspension setup! i have choices!!!!!! i can decide camber, suspension height/drop, strut firmness/softness. if i only had my own alignment computer!LOL

Old 05-18-2008, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

i know what you mean. 90 bucks for an alignment. Id rather try to do it myself lol

Old 05-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i would never pay 90bucks for a alignment! more like 70ucks if not 50bucks if i can find a coupon[8D]
i might try to get my own like gig built up maybe after i get it aligned... MAYBE something so i could try to do it myself to get it really close at least. shouldnt be to tuff if i can find some points to go off from.... but then again ill only be changing my ride height twice a year. once for spring and once for winter.

Quick Reply: New drop instaled. the 99 is now able to go low!