Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

New grill ordered... couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default New grill ordered... couple questions

Ive never been happy with my grill. You can see pics in my gallery (click below). It's not shiny, there's a dent in it, it's crooked on one side. So I ordered the same stuff that corye03 got. I think it should be a pretty easy install, I hope I can just pull out the old mesh and trace around it.

Queation #1. Right now the mesh is overlaid on top of the stock grill. But is that part supposed to come out? I think the new stuff might be too thick to be sandwiched in there?

Question #2. Do I have to take out my fog lights to take the bumper off? Or can I just take off the grey trim around the fog lights?

By responding to this post you can help my car be extra awesome [sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 08-03-2005, 09:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New grill ordered... couple questions

hmmm im not sure what you mean... could you show us some pics? Its too bad you didnt consider to get your stock grille painted. DCAcivic has his painted and im gonna nab that son of a bitch when he gets his new one.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:24 PM
mxs
HCF Member

click on link in signature for my gallery. If you have more questions, I have more pictures.

I should add that I think they are OEM fog lights but I'm not 100% sure.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:31 PM
HCF Member

hmm. I dont think part of the grill will come out other than one peice. I looks fine to me.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga
Its too bad you didnt consider to get your stock grille painted. DCAcivic has his painted and im gonna nab that son of a bitch when he gets his new one.
you're right, that does look good... I had to hunt down that thread.

You know, I was just planning on doing the upper grill, not the lower one (I only ordered one piece of mesh). But now you have me thinking. I did just get a can of Duplicolor paint, maybe I could paint the upper grill and mesh the lower one... HMM. I don't have the shiny H emblem for the upper grill, but I bet I could pick one up somewhere.

[sm=smiley22.gif]

Old 08-04-2005, 01:38 PM
mxs
HCF Member

oh, and re: question #1, I was talking about the difference between doing what I have now (where the stock grill is under the mesh) and doing something like this (where the stock grill is cut out).

Old 01-04-2007, 12:26 AM
HCF Member

Hey man, I was looking into getting a new upper grille for my '00 EX to replace the one that is there w/ the "H" badge in it and I was wondering did you just get a can of like touch up paint and pain the outside to match the color of your car or did you have to take it to a bodyshop to have it done? I can only find black grilles, none in green. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-04-2007, 12:42 AM
HCF Member

Here's a picture of mine, i cut out the center section with some plastic cutters and a small saw, then i sanded it all down to knock off the rough edges, then i made a template from poster paper to fit in between the grille shell and the grille itself. then i transfered the pattern to a small gauge (rubber coated) mesh to cut out. then i reassembled the grille and shell with the mesh in between. i'm probably going to paint my grille and mesh black because the plastic is turning gray, ugh, i think you should paint urs black as well, that'll look pretty cool

Old 01-04-2007, 03:52 AM
HCF Member

Not sure about question 1 but with question 2 more then likely there will jsut be some sort of plug where you can unplug the lights and pull the bumper cover completely off then plug them back in once you reinstall

Old 01-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Administrator

thread from the dead

Quick Reply: New grill ordered... couple questions