Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

new grille

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:31 PM
HCF Member
Default new grille

i have been wanting a new grille for a while now. i have halo headlights too but i had to take them off because a bulb blew. i made this grille for $1.97 and 2 hours of work cutting it right and lining it up. i dont have pics yet but i will tomorrow afternoon when i get in from baseball. i got the gutter guard stuff from home depot and cut it out. i just slid it on over the stock grille...i took the H off yesterday and was just bored when i got home this afternoon so i just starting cutting it. i measured the grille with cardboard and then cut it out. during the summer i plan on doing it really good and cutting out the stock one and putting this stuff behind it. i think it looks good right now though. pics tomorrow afternoon. i was just screwing around and it turned out pretty good because i realized it would work.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Default RE: new grille

From what I gather, it looks like a Type-R grill?

Old 02-13-2006, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

Nice. Cant wait to see some pics!

Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

looks about like mxs's grille on here i think. i didnt want to spend $75 on a grille when i can make one myself that looks just as good. i had to get creative.

Old 02-13-2006, 09:58 PM
mxs
HCF Member

yeah, mine was like 12 plus shipping for the material, and I used about a quarter of it

Old 02-14-2006, 01:14 PM
HCF Member

sounds good man, post pics soon...im getting a type r grill soon and im still debating on just buying one or making my own, i tryed making it before and it turned out bad

Old 02-14-2006, 04:02 PM

jhsplaya08...Do you have complete pics of your car? Please pm them to me I also have a 2000 Si but its black. When I get mine I'll send them to ya. By the way that was a good idea using that.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

here are the pics - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jhspla...lbum?.dir=7cb2 ... if i have time this weekend, im going to put it over the black with the bumper OFF so it will fit perfect and no space will be left. i think im just going to leave the stock grille in i might decide to do away with it during the summer...but ill work it all out this weekend hopefully. it was kinda dark but you should be able to tell what it looks like. i might do the bottom as well this weekend along with installing my halo taillights i should be getting thursday. yea, they are chrome, but im keeping the stock so if i dont like them or get tired, ill just change back. they are a little different from everybody elses though. im still trying to find a good set of bulbs that the wattage isnt too high to put in my projectors so when i get some bulbs, they will b back on. anyways, let me know what you think of it -

Old 02-14-2006, 08:47 PM

looks good.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:22 AM
HCF Member

looks good man, looks alot better

Quick Reply: new grille