Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

new project

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Default new project

so im about to get a 1993 honda civic ex and this will be my first prject car first i wanna get a good apperance before i mod the engine
my first qeustion is that year and model a good year to work with
and wat would be a good place to start with interior i kinda want to do it mywlef kinda thing my friend had sanded down and painted parts of his dash with a clear coat is that a good idea or ne better

Old 02-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Default RE: new project

How much do you have to spend? What is your goal for this car? (daily driver,trailer queen, track *****, or just a summer cruiser) Don't paint the interior for a few reasons... 1. In my opinion it's "ricer" 2. The paint will chip or fade from the sun and eventually look like crap and you'll have to replace the painted parts anyway. Yes this civic is a good platform to build off of...lots of aftermarket parts available as well as many engine swaps( b16,b18,h22,k20a2 etc...) but it all depends on what your goals are you have to start with a goal!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:45 AM

97civicruiser - such a stupid reply.. so what if things look "ricer" - that wasnt the question.. also.. some people like the ricer look.. IMO its alot better looking than the majority of cars on here.. I know alot of people.. specially at shows.. that dont appreciate the whole basic cars.. with horrid black rims with polished lips [:'(] and keeping everything stock (lights etc)... if your modding a car.. then stock stuff is not modding...

rant over.. lol sorry

PS. the alloys on your car look ricer as hell!!

Old 02-28-2008, 01:16 PM

im kinda wanting a ricer look i guess want like a street racer liek apperance i have the engine moding all taken care of imgeting that done but itstheappearnce i need the help on i was think of a metalic blue/darksilver theme for inside and out like metalic blue paint with carbon fiber hood and interor that color but idk rele wat im to do or wat to begin with

Old 02-28-2008, 01:21 PM

sorry about spelling to my laptop keyboard rele messed up

Old 02-28-2008, 02:14 PM
HCF Member

If you paint the interior you will most likely regret it. It most likelywill eventuallychip. I know I'm going to get people in here saying it won't, or that there's hasn't, but that's ok. If you do decide to do some painting, keep it to a minimum. And RyanEJ2, it wasn't a bad reply by 97civiccruiser. Skunk wants opinions on the idea, so he's going to get them. He got the truth of it, it's ricey, it's out of style, it chips, it's a pain in the ***. And of course people at car shows aren't going to want a "basic look." If he's going to be competing in car shows then great, here's a chance to show off. If not, then I say it's a bad idea.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya ill second the not a good idea to paint interior pieces.
it does look good if the color flows with the whole car BUT ive had my own experience with painting dash pieces and even tho I NEVER scratched the painted panels BUT my friends did! and it only takes one chip or scratch/flaked off spot to ruin the looks! hell i had my moms dog in my old jimmy before and of course the dam dog jumped all over the car and its nails scratched the paint right off down to the original color of the dash...

and unfortunatly it still looks like that to this day.
BUT if you really do want the painted interior look MIGHT I SUGEST buying extra trim pieces to paint that way you keep the stock color parts so after awhile when the paint gets all chiped and ugly then you can slap your stock parts back on and not have to worry about color matching! plus you can find other undesirable color panels that you can get cheaper! so alot cheaper if you do deside to go back stock.
which i would recomend.... but thats just my opinion..... take it or leave it.

but before ya do any modifying i would HIGHLY sugest the typical maintance stuff. DEFINATLY timing belt for your first thing!

Old 02-28-2008, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RyanEJ2

97civicruiser - such a stupid reply.. so what if things look "ricer" - that wasnt the question.. also.. some people like the ricer look.. IMO its alot better looking than the majority of cars on here.. I know alot of people.. specially at shows.. that dont appreciate the whole basic cars.. with horrid black rims with polished lips [:'(] and keeping everything stock (lights etc)... if your modding a car.. then stock stuff is not modding...

rant over.. lol sorry

PS. the alloys on your car look ricer as hell!!
Dude idk what the f*** areyou talking about man..... 97civicruiser's civic is hella nicer than yours...and if you think his is ricey then whats yours????? i mean come ona BIG HONDA sticker, your wheels, Chrome mesh in your bumper, and god please drop your civic a little more..

NOW THE RANT IS OVER........

but to the OP...if you want to paint your dash then go for it...i know my first civic i was all about going to shows and stuff and i painted a couple pieces, but now i know its to much of a hassle and they chip and fade really easy....

Old 02-28-2008, 07:40 PM

Ryanej2 I didn't want to start a war...I said "IMO" and lc1v1c1 thanks for the comment on my 97 civic....But I sold it about a week ago to my younger bro =-( I now have a 92 civic hatch with a k20a. (soon to be turbo!)

Old 02-28-2008, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

first off, guys be nice, we're all car lovers here... and as far as painting the interior,if you really like that looks then go for it,it's your car, and what you like matters, not what everyone tells you they like,i for one have experienced it, liked it for a few months, then i decided to get the stock unpainted parts back, because it just got old and i got tired of retouching the scratches

Quick Reply: new project