Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Next Stop Body Kit, Your thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 05:34 AM
Default Next Stop Body Kit, Your thoughts...

Guys, I really like the modded agressive look of some of those tuner civics out there and want to do so with mine as well. I have been looking over body kits and found one with the look I am going for however I have heard some talk about differing opinions between fiberglass kits and polyurethane. What kind of advice do you have for me? I have never had a body kit on any type of car before, here is a link to the one I am looking at buying once I save up some extra cash for it:

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...508/index.html

Old 10-25-2007, 06:05 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Next Stop Body Kit, Your thoughts...

well ur kinda of new(accroding to your post) but alot of people here are gunna say screw the body kit and get a lip kit. im one of those people but i also believe in get what u like cuz its ur ride. but to answer ur question im not really feeling that body kit, personaly ilike the buddy club body kits. thats just my opionon. and you should also get a polyurethan kit cuz there will stay good against small bumps and nicks they might get. i havent heard good things about fiber glass kits.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
HCF Member

IMO if your gettin a kit go for the buddy club like ballinboy said but if not he's right Lips FTW! lol.
But deff go for what you like. and you get what you pay for the more expensive the material the longer it will last. That's my two cents.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:28 AM
HCF Member

i had the blitz body kit and it was fiberglass and it did fine if you take care of it anything will last

Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 AM

That's not a bad looking kit, 7th gen civics are the only ones that I actually prefer a body kit on. I'd get a urathane one though, urethane kits will fit like OEM most of the time and look really clean and they last, fiberglass however usually takes a lot of work to get to fit right and they chip up pretty easily. My friend hada fiberglass kit onhis EG that took weeks to get on right and clean, then it chipped all to hell before he could even get it painted.... then agian, his car was slammed like 3 inches from the ground...

Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

personally i think bodykits are ghastly, but to each his own, atleast keep us updated

Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 AM

Does anyone know what the Buddy Club2 kit is made out of. I do like that kit as well and wow its about 3x as much as other kits.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 AM

Nerosync, where are you from?
Ive got a few sites with awesome amount of kits on that will help.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:39 AM

I am across the pond from you bro in the US. I just found a pretty good site www.kgsengineering.com today that has a pretty good selection, but I will gladly look at any you can forward. Thanks!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
March 2010 ROTM

I like body kits as long as its the right kit on the right car. Polyurethane is going to be stronger and more resistant to cracks and chips...its the same thing that is in skateboard wheels to help absorb impact vibrations without cracking. Just PLEASE paint the kit right away and dont be one of those guys driving around for months with a blue green kit on unpainted.

Quick Reply: Next Stop Body Kit, Your thoughts...