Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

paint job :rice:

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:52 AM
HCF Member
Default paint job :rice:

:-P sup so i was ready to get my paint job i was thinking maaco but i hear good things i hear bad things. so wanted to know has anybody had a paint job their or know anybody?
thanks Jville Fl

Old 03-12-2008, 12:04 PM
March 2010 ROTM
Default RE: paint job :rice:

My neighbor got a good job done there. You hear bad because people get the 400 buck job with no clear coat and like 2 coats of paint. Get the $1000 clear coat job with a 5 year warrenty and it comes out pretty good. Plus it depends on the guys working in the one by you and how good thier prep is.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:33 PM
HCF Member

thanks I got an estimate it came up to 705.99 forchampionship White. they told me that when the car is paint white that a clear coatcan make the car later on look yellowish.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:07 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Only if they use cheap clear coats. Getting a paint job without a clear coat is a waste of money IMO. It wont last as long, isnt as glossy,and isnt as protected.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well with a paint job what gives it that true SICK LOOK is the person that does all the prep work!

prep work is what MAKES or BREAKS the paint job!
that means fixing and dents/ scratches, rust repair...... also just scuffing up the whole car so the paint has something to stick too.

ive thought about geting a macoo paint job before but thats only if i do all my own prep work and such and they just spray it. BUT im just gonna paint my own car.....

Old 03-12-2008, 05:19 PM

addiction, you still thinking factory green for your '94?

Old 03-12-2008, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

Macco does little, if any, prep work. That is why you hear so many, and so often, about how they do poor work.
Paint may look decent when you leave there, but shortly after it chips, turns a nasty yellow tint in some cases and other problems.
Now these are problems that Macco may take care of, but you have to keep going back time after time after time and it becomes a bunch of BS.
Get it done right the first time by someone else.
Just my opinion though

Old 03-13-2008, 04:33 AM
HCF Member

just do the prep yourself and have them spray it. if you havent thought about it, champ white, especially, lays out really nicely with a single stage paint. i've seen a few hondas with a single stage champ white and it looks amazing. not to mention a single stage paint job is super easy to repair if it ever gets chipped up. but it also shows bad prep even worse than bc/cc paint. you absolutely have to have a perfect prep job with the stuff or it shows. just a thought if you havent considered it.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Administrator

just forget maaco, my buddy got his stang painted there and its chipping in some spots, and its just really crappy.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:45 AM
HCF Member

Some guy i know got it done there, he had to bring it back because they forgot clear on spots, you can tell because when you ran your hand over the spots they were really gritty, and the color was off.

Quick Reply: paint job :rice: