Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Painted dash and new seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

looks awesome, have a couple questions.

what kind of paint did you use? did you tape off everything or did you pull your dash out to paint it?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

I used Krylon:Fusion spray paint(black gloss, not the flat one). got it from wal mart, its meant for plastics. and i only took out the simple things like the radio, gauge cluster, air vents, and climate controls and stuffed the holes with newspaper. i put a stip of tape over the VIN number and taped off the windshield with tape and newspaper

Old 06-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Super Cereal Admin

My vote for quality seats would be Corbeau, but I plan on getting a pair for my car (and for my next civic) so I might be biased. The nice thing about Corbeau is you can custom-order the seats along with matching fabric (for if you'd want to wrap door panels or whatever)... you want heated seats? Fine. You want inflatable lumbar supports? Go for it, they'll do it. You want a submarine slot for your reclining seats so you can run 5pt harnesses? No problem. My only issue is going to be that I want mis-matched seats for my mustang (fixed-back for the driver's side and reclining so passengers don't b*tch lol), so that's going to be tricky since most distributors sell by the pair.

As far as the dash, it looks great... I'll be honest, I was terrified of clicking the thread and seeing a brightly painted interior lol

Old 06-29-2010, 04:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Hard to tell from the pics, but those look like the exact same seats I mounted into my Civic. Theres really nothing to worry about other than whether or not they've mounted correctly.

I looked mine over pretty well prior to mounting as safety is always a concern. The build quality looked very good, my only disappointment was the quality of fabric used (a little weak).

Don't quote me on this, but as long as the seats are mounted properly you should be fine with the ones you've got.

edit: Meh, close enough, mine had 100% more MUGEN POWA!

Name:  SeatsInstalled2.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  74.5 KB

Old 06-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Super Cereal Admin

My only problem with cheaper seats is they usually don't have the safety testing more reputable brands put their seats through; I'd prefer to know that in the event of an accident the seat isn't going to collapse or anything like that.

That being said, I have Tenzo R seats in my car for the time being and I'm pretty sure Tenzo doesn't test their seats either.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

That look really nice from what i can see. Great job.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:46 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Seats and dash look a lot better man. Will be awesome once the door panels are done, too. I like the seats with a fixed back, but wouldn't it be a PITA not to be able to adjust them? I like my seats reclined really far back when daily driving, and more upright when doing "spirited driving."

Old 06-30-2010, 01:50 PM
HCF Member

Finished painting the door panels and changing the fabric now i just need some new carpet

Name:  IMAG0032.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  63.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0034.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  65.8 KB

Old 07-01-2010, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

Looks awesome! Did yu use the same paint?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:15 AM

new carpet:

http://stockinteriors.com/items.asp?...a_Civic_Carpet

The only think that stinks is that the carpet does not come pre-cut. It is molded but requires trimming around the edges and the holes cut out... but it's great carpet so it is worth it, unless you can find some brand new OEM black carpet.

Quick Reply: Painted dash and new seats