Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Painting Bumbers

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Default Painting Bumbers

ok since everyone said cheap maaco paint jobs suck i was lookin to see what u guys think about my best choice for getting my bumpers painted to match my bodys paint....everything is a w/e white but front and back bumpers are beat up scratched pretty bad like the last owner was playin bumper cars...whats my cheapest way to make my car shine all the way around fixin up these bumers??? thank you

Old 09-02-2006, 08:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Painting Bumbers

maaco will do a decent job,this guy i no got his car painted there and it looks good. But if your bumpers are all scratched, theres not much you can do. You can give it a little wax but it wont do much, mabey try sanding them down and giving it a home paint job

Old 09-02-2006, 08:07 PM

how much would u say u would have to pay maaco for a nie shiney white paint job though? if i sand them down and paint them myself what will i need to use and how do i match the paint?? where would u get the color??

Old 09-02-2006, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

Well,if you were to paint it yourself, you can buy automotive paint in a can at your local automotive paint shop and do it that way, or you can go expensive and buy a spray gun and such but you would have to do a little research before you start messing around with that stuff. I would call around different paint shops and get quotes on how much to do the bumpers, ask what the warrinty is and such as well.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:40 PM

yea alright truu i just want my car lookin as clean as i can and the bumpers need some help lol....wut do u think ill be lookin to pay at a paint shop for the bumpers any clue?? thanx

Old 09-02-2006, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

if you car is just plain white you might be able to get away wit a spray can paint job but, as always with paiting you have to take your time and do the prep work which means sanding it properly and getting out all the scratches. and for bumpers sence they are plastic you should use plastic primer, but i can't remember the professional name for it, if you use regular primer there is a good chance that after the paint cures that it could start cracking.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:42 PM

OOOOH... GOTtcha the only thing is I dunno what color my civic is.... it could be~~ Taffeta White ~~o~~r Championship white ~~~ i think????? wont i need to match up the colors....cant put reg white on the paint job????? thanx

Old 09-02-2006, 09:47 PM
HCF Member

if you do it yourself, when you go to your automotive paint shop to get paint..they will get your vin and color code from the door jamb and mix the exact color for you

Old 09-02-2006, 09:55 PM

are u talkin about with the air gun or w/e that way???

Old 09-02-2006, 10:00 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Dude, just go to Maaco. As far as what it will cost? Just call them and ask. It might "suck" compared to a customs shop, but it will suck less than a spray can job. And your paint code is in the driver's door jamb

Quick Reply: Painting Bumbers