Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Painting Interior...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:42 PM
HCF Member
Default Painting Interior...

Today I painted my vents and trim but I couldnt figure out how to take the middle trim off that goes around the radio, a/c, heat, and all that stuff in the middle. I looked at my haynes manual to take all the other parts off and didnt have a problem but I couldnt find where it says to take the middle off, I tryed prying it but it looks like that isnt how it works and I didnt want to force it. there are 2 screws under it that I took out but I still couldnt easily pry it out so does anyone know how to get it out?

Old 08-28-2006, 02:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Painting Interior...

nobody?

Old 08-28-2006, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

once you take the plastics under that (cupholders and by ebrake (middle console) you can look under and a couple screws will be reveled popem out and your set

Old 08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

I'm trying to get the middle part on the dashbord out, I have a picture of it, The red highlighed part is what i need out but I think i might have to take the whole thing out.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12015/4C96AE4634E44E56810E59F0FAF0FD41.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12015/C85D0F9699D247EA9736D55B1296D106.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-28-2006, 05:57 PM

Yo bro...i had to deal wit the same thing with puttin in my cd player...there are screws on the side by the glove box u gotta open to get to... and i think there are ones on the left where the consol under your steering wheel is the bottom par there are like 6-8 screws that gotta come off all together...pain in the ***...lemee know if that helps at all peace

Old 08-28-2006, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

well...i no for the 2000 center console where the radio is, you need to take off the dash part underneath that to access the bottom, there there are 4 bolts that hold the brackets that hold in your c.d player that is attached to the plastic, so when you take off thos, you can pull the plastic part forward and it should pop out because its just clips around the edges that hold it in aside from the 4 bolts underneath

Old 08-28-2006, 09:59 PM
HCF Member

Ok im going to try those when I get back from school tommorow thanks guys

Old 08-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I just did this yesterday, and it's a tedious bitch! YOu have to drop the glove box, the panel under the steering wheel, then the belly pan under the stereo. Once you're in there, you will see some screws holding the climate control bracket to another metal bracket. Take those screws out, and you should be able to pull the control unit out. I actually had to unplug the wiring harness for the climate control so I could get it out all the way, which is also a stubborn bitch. Good luck man

Old 08-29-2006, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

Well I went out to try and do it but it was raining and I didn't have enough time today so I am going to try that on the weekend, but when I looked that seems to be the way that its in there thanks guys.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:28 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I just did this yesterday, and it's a tedious bitch! YOu have to drop the glove box, the panel under the steering wheel, then the belly pan under the stereo. Once you're in there, you will see some screws holding the climate control bracket to another metal bracket. Take those screws out, and you should be able to pull the control unit out. I actually had to unplug the wiring harness for the climate control so I could get it out all the way, which is also a stubborn bitch. Good luck man
+1 this was the hardest thing to take out when i was gutting out my interior. this is how you do it. it should take you about 30 mins to an hour.

Quick Reply: Painting Interior...