Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Pics from my LED install...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Pics from my LED install...

shouldnt be illegal BUT it would be hard to see with them on driving at night.LOL im sure its a sick reflection off the windows from the inside! main reason i dont rock them inside for anything more than doors open....

Old 10-17-2007, 01:19 AM
March 2010 ROTM

It didnt change how I see at night at all....I leave them on at night. Its low enough to were it doesnt reflect much at all....almost none. The driver side front window has a little because I had to mount them further up in that well. But from outside its hardly visible so I doubt I will be stopped for it. As long as they arent outside your car or mounted near a window....red and blue lights are ok in Kentucky. Im thinking of doing my cup holders next...buta different color....maybe green and get the Mt.Dew bottle glow goin...

Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 AM

wow, it looks good man

Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 AM
HCF Member

Impretty sure you can get it stock on tcs. so i doubt its illegal. Correct me if im wrong though. I have green i drive with it on all the time.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM
March 2010 ROTM

I have a question....My ground wire popped off again. Is there anything to keep it on the bolt better than electrical tape...like a glue or something that wont hurt the connection? I cant find one of those things you can crimp onto and put over a bolt in the right size in stores around me. So right now its taped down...but for the second time popped of somehow. It gets annoying taking off the center console.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well if you dont want to crimp a conector on it just strip the wire back about an inch or so... pull the bolt out and then wrap the wire around the threads a few times and then twist the end back again onto the wire and just reinstal the bolt....
thats a preaty ghetto way BUT works...

Old 10-18-2007, 08:13 AM
HCF Member

Pretty sweet!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well if you dont want to crimp a conector on it just strip the wire back about an inch or so... pull the bolt out and then wrap the wire around the threads a few times and then twist the end back again onto the wire and just reinstal the bolt....
thats a preaty ghetto way BUT works...
I did this in my door panel and it worked fine. Another option is to secure it like you had it before and then to use a stronger tape on top of the electrical tape (duct tape maybe) and that should hold it in place.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well sorry but ya dont tape a wire to a piece of metal..... it just wont be reliable! it will eventualy lose conection and be a hassle! you must at least use a bolt/nut/screw to hold the wire down onto the metal ground.
sure it may work.... but wait till its a hot day and the glue gets soft and falls off or you hit a bump and the wire giggles and doesnt make contact.... just dont be THAT GHETTO!
thats like cardboard ground effects taped onto a RICER and then taken thru a carwash... ITS JUST NOT A GOOD IDEA.LOL

Old 10-19-2007, 12:38 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Whats wrong with cardboard ground effects??? LOL. J/K....yeah, I just popped up a bolt, wraped it, tighten, and its all good. Ive been trying to find a way to do the side compartments on the door panels now. Im stuck.

Quick Reply: Pics from my LED install...