Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Playstation 2 Glove box Conversion.. THE TITS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Playstation 2 Glove box Conversion.. THE ****!

ORIGINAL: RyanEJ2

ah i see, wow thanks man that an awesome compliment! when i get the chance im going to go to a scrappy, and buy a dash, strip the material off of it and use that to apholster the ps2 install front. so it all matches.

has anyone got any good ideas of where to put the controller? bare in mind that i cant unplug it.. as for now it comes out the back of the glove box and is hidden behind center console, but as i found out today, if u corner hard it slides out..

or any other ideas for making this instal better?

cheers
Dude, wireless controllers FTW!

Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 PM

yeh i thought about that but was worried that it may not receive itself through the wooden cover between controller and receiver.

the screen remote doesnt get picked up, you have to point it between the box and the door and then it does.. i dont want the ps2 controller to only work in a certain position.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:24 PM
HCF Member

Nice, that actually looks pretty good! I had my PS2 in my car, never use it though lol.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:47 PM
February 2010 ROTM

car pc > all

Old 03-20-2008, 02:30 PM

nah no way man!!

car mac > all lol!!

id never put a pc in my car, id never buy a windows product!!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:51 PM
February 2010 ROTM

good luck on that one since no front ends are really ever designed on a mac and the ones that are suck *** lol....a mac in a car will do nothing any different than a pc

Old 03-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well thats quite a bit of weight... no more racing for you.... LOL J/K

what added 5pounds.LOL

not to shaby, not the best vinyl work BUT i sure as hell know that crap is very hard to work with!!!!!!!!!
if ya got any scrap laying around take a torch to it or to a OLD TRASH butter knife (not your nice silverwear ) and heat it up really hot and see if your vinyl will catch fire or if it will stretch with the added heat... if your scrap piece will stretch pretty good then pull the trim pieces out and glove box out andn sand the areas its to be glued to and ruff them up really good so the area is nice and clean and has something to bit to when you apply some GOOD glue dont cheap out on glue since it will be what holds it tight to the trim pieces. then start applying the vinyl and glue while trying to stretch it out to the corners and such. just have to do alittle experimenting.

but for me.... PERSONALY id ditch the vinyl! maybe some black suede or sometype of cloth that will strecth really easy and light enough it will hold where ya put it with alittle glue.... hardest part with working with fabric is spraying the glue to the area and alittle on the fabrics back andn let tach dry alittle and then apply that way the glue wont be to wet and soak thru the material!
then you could just do some more suede accent pieces around the door panels and arm rest and such. at least that was my plan for my 99civic. and maybe the 94 im still kicking that idea around in my head.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: justinwebb

good luck on that one since no front ends are really ever designed on a mac and the ones that are suck *** lol....a mac in a car will do nothing any different than a pc
The only things it would do different is.. not crash, actually look good, be a good operating system, and not entirley suck *** like a windows pc would lol (mac lover for life! wont back down on this argument so fold now or this will escalate haha)

yeh addiction, i think i me re-upholster it. suede isnt a bad idea, i just dunno if i like the look of it as much as leather.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:49 PM
February 2010 ROTM

you obviously know nothing about the car pc world so ill move on cause i dont feel like explaining things lol my time is worth more

Old 03-20-2008, 06:14 PM

ive seen some pretty decent car PC's i have to say...

but i dont think they make car macs. apple is so contrained in their hardware that who knows if they will ever come out with it.

but for a PC, everyone makes hardware for it... so its limitless options.

and my PC has never crashed, either and its going on 3 years.

Quick Reply: Playstation 2 Glove box Conversion.. THE TITS!