Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Question About Gauge Cluster/Speedometer

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Default Question About Gauge Cluster/Speedometer

I have a 1996 Honda Civic DX coupe Manual and want to get a speedometer with a tacho on it , anyone know any good tutorials on how to install and does anyone know of any good sellers for this?

Last edited by warchief337; 04-19-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 PM

eBay has a lot of sellers check it out. As for how to install it it's pretty easy!
First locate the two screws on top of your cluster (from inside) and remove them.
Second hold the black plastic frame from the bottom side and pull it out side (make sure that your stearing wheel is adjusted at the lowest level)
Then you have to locate the 4 screws holding the cluster and unscrew all four.
After all that done you'll be be abel to see the wires that are going inside of your cluster, but don't worry all you have to do is pull two blue plastic cable heads and you are done!
Get the new cluster and just put back the cables and screw back all six screws mentioned earlier!
Glad I could help and please post pictures when you're done.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by xbesox
eBay has a lot of sellers check it out. As for how to install it it's pretty easy!
First locate the two screws on top of your cluster (from inside) and remove them.
Second hold the black plastic frame from the bottom side and pull it out side (make sure that your stearing wheel is adjusted at the lowest level)
Then you have to locate the 4 screws holding the cluster and unscrew all four.
After all that done you'll be be abel to see the wires that are going inside of your cluster, but don't worry all you have to do is pull two blue plastic cable heads and you are done!
Get the new cluster and just put back the cables and screw back all six screws mentioned earlier!
Glad I could help and please post pictures when you're done.
ok but a quick question i dont have a tachometer on my current one, do i needa add extra wiring or may i already have it just it isnt being used, cause i want my new speedometer to have the tachometer would it be easier just to buy and install a single tachometer ?

Old 04-20-2012, 06:23 AM

No, you don't need to add anything! I did it on 3 Civics and one of them was a 97 Civic and the rest were a 2000 and a 99, so it's pretty easy! All you need is the new speedo and a screwdriver.