Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Really confused about seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:55 PM
HCF Member
Default Really confused about seats

Im going to upgrade my oem seats because they really suck and i drive a lot. so i was wondering what are a nice set of comfortable seats that fit right in. does RSX seats fit without any mods to the rails or brackets? and can i use my oem rails brackets and clamps? or maybe integra seats?? i dont know someone please point me in the right direction

Old 11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Default RE: Really confused about seats

This question could have been answered using the search feature. BTW, you need to give more info... what year is your civic, coupe or sedan, etc? I'd do integra seats, they're cheap, easy to find, and all you need to do is swap out your sliders to put them in, waaay more comfortable than EK seats... but idk what year your car is...

Old 11-11-2007, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

its a 2000 excoupe. i was thinking about getting a set of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW

but will i need some brackets? or is there too much custom fab to be done in order to get them in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-00...spagenameZWDVW

Old 11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

RSX seats are a tight fit but they are so ****ing comfortable, I ahve a pair of leather ones in my car but definitely need some fab work to make them fit and if your taller then 6' figure on doing some MAJOR fab work

Old 11-11-2007, 09:59 PM

Those seats aren't bad looking... just keep in mind that you're paying less than $300 from an Ebay company for a part that holds you in place if you're ever in an accident... I just don't trust cheap seats... there is a reason MOMO, Recaro, etc. seats are so pricy... I'd just look on craigslist or ebay for some integra, crx, del sol, or prelude seats, they'd cost less and look better anyway.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

ok so lets say i get some seats out of an integra , will they be a direct bolt on? or do i need anything else?

Old 11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
HCF Member

what about 99-00 SI seats , are they any better than ek seats? im assuming they will bolt right in or am i wrong?

Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
HCF Member

I side with the people who say no to the ebay seats. You can do better for that kind of money.

Basically, give up on trying to find direct bolt in seats unless it's the same year make and model of your car. The seats will certainly fit, but I really doubt that they'll line up perfectly and you'll magically remove four bolts, swap the seats, and put the bolts back in.

I'm sending my car to the body shop (dad's childhood friends w/ the owner) and they're going to do it right. They're also going to aim my headlights and possibly put on different tires since mine blow atm.

Some things you can skimp on (lighting, exterior mods, etc) but there are certain things that you don't diy and/or buy cheap versions of. Seats are one of those things to me, steering wheels being another one.

*edit* A good tip for craigslist that I forgot is to check all of the surrounding areas for you on there. I live near pittsburgh, so I checked every one in pennsylvania. Check close areas in neighboring states because you might be missing a killer deal (the likes of which have been seen on here a lot.)

Old 11-12-2007, 01:49 PM
HCF Member

What about 99-00 si seats, are they any better than EK seats? and like i said im sure they bold right in , correct me if im wrong

Old 11-12-2007, 05:34 PM

Yes, 99-00 Si seats will bolt right in... but they're just EK seats with a cut out headrest and a pattern on the seat, they're just as uncomfortable. Integra seats are VERY easy to put in, took me less than an hour and they are my favorite mod. I used this webpage to do mine, very straight forward installation. http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/F...877/rseat.html

Quick Reply: Really confused about seats