Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Red Glow Gauges and a handshake

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Default Red Glow Gauges and a handshake

I have thoroughly scoured ebay and the internet for mother-****in' red glow gauges. I want these and eventually to change all the lights in my dash to red. if anyone can find these for a 92-95 civic (duh) dx, I will give you a nice hearty online handshake and maybe even a pat on the back if they are cool enough. i was lookin' a while back for them, so maybe they're all over the place now. i dunno. oh and no white with red numbers, but ****in' red. RED. c'mon, there's a handshake involved (and maybe a pat on the back). thanks.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Default RE: Red Glow Gauges and a handshake

Umm...you could always jus take your gauge cluster apart and put red lights in for it to glow red. Thats if you know any physics material with voltage and resistors and stuff like that. My buddy did it in his red del-sol and it looks nice.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:07 PM

That's a damn fine idea. I don't know if that would work for the cluster I currently have, but it's worth looking into... good man.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:53 PM

I was just talking to another friend of mine that has a nissan 200sx and he said they have the bulbs at advance auto to go behind your cluster that are the same as the stock ones and jus coated with a color. I would be a lot easier then trying to use resistors and stuff like that.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:09 AM

Nice. I'll check that out. You didn't find the gauges, but... *handshake*. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:47 AM
HCF Member

ya the stock bulbs in my cluster are coverd with blue from factory..im about to get l.e.ds

Old 04-05-2006, 04:39 PM

i just removerd the blue "condom" over the bulbs, and they are now orange, but i am going to paint the bulbs red so they will be red. the SIR cluster from Japan lit up red so that might be an option for you

Old 04-05-2006, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

I just recently did this to mine to make the lights pink. I have a walkthrough for an EG dash, but I bet it would be pretty similar to yours, if not the same, if you want it.

Also, I reccomend against just taking the blue condom off your current bulbs and painting them. Your current bulbs will be a little more dull from use and the color will not be as vibrant. You buy a special enamal (Testors brand, availible at Michaels) and it comes in a ton of colors, so it's all pretty easy.

Also also, you can change the climate control colors to match, but that is a HUGE pain in the rear, it takes at least 5 times the time and teh effort, and you'll need someone with small hands. I have midget hands, and I still struggled, AND cut my thumb. But my climate control is pink now, so it was all worth it.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:42 PM

I have pretty big hands. I'll leave it to someone else. but thanks.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:43 PM

I looked around a bit but didn't find those. thanks anyhow.

Quick Reply: Red Glow Gauges and a handshake