Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Shift knob Adapter for automatic shifter

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:30 AM
HCF Member
Default Shift **** Adapter for automatic shifter

Does anyone know if there exists an adapter that would allow you to use a manual shift **** on an auto tranny Civic? They are available for Corvette auto tranny shifters, but I haven't seen one on a Honda, yet. The adapter for the Corvette has the same threads that a manuall tranny shifter has and instead of pushing a button, the whole **** is pushed down.

Thanks!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:36 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Shift **** Adapter for automatic shifter

i used to have a shift know for auto, i got it off @ a local mod shop here, i think its made by tenzo-r

Old 08-23-2007, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

I have seen auto shift *****, but the thing I'm looking for is an adapter that allows you to use a threaded **** that would normally used on a manual tranny shifter. Is that what you had or was it just a shift **** that had the same shape as the original?

Thanks!

Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
HCF Member

I just have to say it...Buy a manual! O.K. now that its been said would this work for yah?

HERE

Its got a button, but it looks the part.

HERE is one off ebay, its what you asked for, but its UGLY!!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 01:37 PM

I, too, thought about doing this for my auto, but I decided not to becuase it would just feel weird, and if it's not a manual there's no point in making it look like one.

The best looking one I found was similar to the first one Windcalmer found, so I'd say go with something like that.

I don't think there's an actual adapter that you're asking for though, no.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the replies. I do have a manual tranny. This adapter would be for someone else. I also have the shift *****, but if I could find the adapter, any one of the ones I have could be used with an auto tranny. I guess I can design an adapter............!

Old 08-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I have an aftermarket **** that looks like a manual on my auto... there's a long, justified, story behind why it's there, too (let's just leave it at ADHD and Krylon Fusion don't mix well)... It honestly doesn't look toobad (and everyone thinks my car's a manual when they look at it, which saves mea little embarrassment ). (except for the fact that it has fake carbon fiber, but I didnt' know that when I ordered it.... stupid JcWhitney lol)

Old 08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

I could always stitch you up a shift boot Reaper. LOL

Old 08-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Super Cereal Admin

lol actually, I thought about getting a shift boot for my auto.. I think I'll just wait until I actually get a manual to rock a shift boot, though. I'll just have to put up with this slow auto for a while.. there's no way I can afford a trans. swap right now(my wallet took a pretty big hit with that bike I got lol).

Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 PM

Yeah I saw someone who did the auto shift **** with a boot, I gotta say I wasn't impressed. I say if you got an auto, deal with it.

Quick Reply: Shift knob Adapter for automatic shifter