Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Small Dent Removal

Old 05-09-2010, 02:56 PM
HCF Member
Default Small Dent Removal

Any clues on how to get little dents out?

They are about the size of your thumb.

I bought the big dent remover from autozone, should have known that would not work.

Got a couple around my car, and my ocd goes off every time i notice it with the sunlight reflecting off it,

Old 05-09-2010, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

Have you ever tried the old hot cold technique? I tried it recently, heat up the dent with a blow dryer and then spray some freeze off or electronic duster cleaner on there and the dents supposedly pops out. Mine didnt work because the freeze off didnt freeze right. Tried to buy a can of air duster at walmart and they didnt sell it to me... it only costs a few bucks to try it and a lot of people have had mixed success. Try it, look it up. easy dent removal.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:01 PM

They didn't sell you a can of air duster?! That's nuuuuts. Never heard of that technique though.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

NOOO??? Its really famous, check it out http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-...ly-and-cheaply it makes sense but i have yet to try again. Im 17 so they think im gonna be getting really high with that stuff. Not that i was gonna use it to clean my computer either

Old 05-09-2010, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Spitfire Riggz
Have you ever tried the old hot cold technique? I tried it recently, heat up the dent with a blow dryer and then spray some freeze off or electronic duster cleaner on there and the dents supposedly pops out. Mine didnt work because the freeze off didnt freeze right. Tried to buy a can of air duster at walmart and they didnt sell it to me... it only costs a few bucks to try it and a lot of people have had mixed success. Try it, look it up. easy dent removal.
When you tried that did you tip the can upside down? Yeah.. I've messed with those air dusters before and if you tip them upside down you get like major frostbite if it gets on your skin and there's like some white stuff that comes out.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:10 AM
HCF Member

I know^ i tried it upside down i tried it rightside up just in case. It never froze. I think my can was just defected hahaha. I tried with the aluminum and lighter and hairdryer.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

haha that is some crazy ****, I wonder if it will work on a small dent, and what the science behind it is

Old 05-10-2010, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

upside down should freeze, fast.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by gooberguy
haha that is some crazy ****, I wonder if it will work on a small dent, and what the science behind it is
I asked my science teacher she said it made sense... but anyway its a picky technique though, like the dent cant be too small. It also cant be like on the corner of a fender. It has to be right in the middle of a body panel nice sized.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 AM
HCF Member

Yes, that is common sense.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Small Dent Removal