Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Suggestions!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Default Suggestions!!

I just got my 99' Civc, already its my baby and I want to do some additions to it. I was thinking maybe some rims, or a spoiler. Maybe something even along the lines of a body kit. But my knowlege in these areas is slim...thats were you all from HCF come in. :-) I am not sure what to do w/ the car first, so any suggestions (like brand names of certain spoliers or body kits) would be awesome.

Heres a pic of the whip (haha im such a looser lol)

[IMG]local://upfiles/14361/BEA3119742A444988D9F68D350FB3B84.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14361/5163A6C088034C789E63AE33A5CB3B9D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-20-2006, 07:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Suggestions!!

idk about body kits not to many people here are fond of them..then tend to look rice unless done very wll like somepeople on the forum....i think a set of black projectors would look hot

Old 09-20-2006, 07:21 PM

hmm thats interesting. thanks for the advice...what r black projectors?

Old 09-20-2006, 07:25 PM

wheels, drop, tint, black headlight housings, white over red tail lights...those tend to be the most popular exterior mods and dont really cost an arm and a leg to do.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:31 PM
HCF Member

If you plan on getting a body kit then make sure its a good one, cheap ones will not fit right and take a lot of work to make them fit. Good ones are made of Urithing [sp?]. You get what you pay for so do some research and I would say stay away from off-brand products.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:34 PM

If it were me I would say bodykit, but thats me lol...My car is just about done (body kit, custom paint, spoiler..yes i did do motor work and much more) to get some ideas for body kits www.andysautosport.com or www.jfracing.com are two good sights. If your not trusting your self to put the body kit on you will be looking anywere from $500-$2000 for a bodyshop to fit and put it on depending on how good it fits and the material. any other questions i might be able to answer along the lines of body kits let me know (i work at a bodyshop)
LATER,
-Brian

Old 09-20-2006, 07:38 PM

Yeah I heard body kits can be a really big hassel installing. If i were to get one I would deffinatley have someone else install it. They look like crap if they arn't put on right, so definatley i would go w. a name brand. Idn tho, i think i want a nice set of rims.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:41 PM

lip kit FTW....cheap, durable, easy to install, and look really great IMO.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:47 PM

What kind of look are you trying to go for on your car. Most people do headlights (usually black housing projector headlights) run 125-140$ w/shipping off ebay. White bottoms + red top tail lights (these I can't find for cheap) all the ones I've found were 200$. Tint is always nice and sharp looking, and runs about 120-150$. Next you can drop your car or do some engine work like Cold air intake (CAI) or short ram intake (SRI). This usually leads to exhaust and header work. And that's pretty much the package deal for most people on these boards. That wont hurt the pockets to much. Whenever you do decide on what you want to do next but are just clueless as to what brand to get or just want some opinions just make a post on the proper boards and people will gladly help you out.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:16 PM

I want it to look cool obviously, but not tacky or too "pimped" that its rediculous... Everyone knows what i mean. I think what im lookin for mayb some nice rims and headlights. I'm not sure though what to get, either Cold Air Intake or Short Ram. I don't know the pros and cons for each. But right now i'm think a spoiler (maybe), rims (definatley but dont know which ones yet) and mayb some headlights. Idn im so fickle, ill change my mind a million times before im ready to do it.

Quick Reply: Suggestions!!