Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

tints. style? or danger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:18 AM
HCF Member
Default tints. style? or danger?

i know there's tons of threads about tints.. but i want to know what YOU think.

i wanted to post a poll but it wouldnt let me. so im gunna put up this makeshift fake poll. just post with your response.

whats your opinion on tints..?

A. They're stylish, make you stand out and could be argued that they are a safety feature (just like wearing sunglasses when its bright out)

B. They're dangerous. They put police officers at risk because the officer cannot see in. And they are an obstruction of view as well.

im arguing for option a. i think the dangers that people address when arguing against tints, are just as imminent on a car with lightly tinted or untinted windows. its just as easy to hide a gun in your left hand between your seat and your door. there is no way to stop stupid azs people from doin stupid azs stuff.

illegalizing tints seems to me to be simply a bandaid. its pointing the finger at something thats easily fixable and ignoring the real problem. instead of doing more to promote gun control. they're fighting the symptoms instead of the disease. its like taking prilosec otc to get rid of your heartburn instead of ordering a salad instead of a bowl of chili (i know that was a terrible analogy.. but you get the picture)

well thats my rant for the day. lets hear your side of it. come on. vote or die as p diddywould say. lol

Old 05-05-2007, 02:32 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: tints. style? or danger?

A, if the tint is at a tolerable %, then it's not a hazard, it reduces reflections and glare at night, making driving a bit easier on the eyes, makes the car look better, keeps the car cooler, and protects the interior of the car.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:25 AM
HCF Member

Well, i see both point of views since imconsidered alaw enforcement officer...
Tint can be a very good thing, when tint is too dark then it becomes a hazard for you, others on road, and police. Also a police officer feels like he or she is in less control when they cannot see a person clearly through a window, therefore their chance of risk is going to be elevated. There is always going to be stupid people, but stupid people also take more risks when they feel they cannot be seen.
Tint also being at the correct degree, can be safer for the driver. Road/lights glare is reduced, eyes have less strain on them, chance of glass shattering is reduced, interoir of your car is better protected against UV rays, and it looks good. I can vote for neither....but i will say i am getting the LEGAL amount of tint put on my civic soon.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:37 AM
HCF Member

thats part of my argument that i forgot to put down. if its a safety issue.. why would different states have different laws? thats like saying that in one state its more dangerous than in another state. i know that its not a federally madated law, but it doesnt make sense to argue that its for safety reasons, and have separate standards. in illinois... there is no legal tint except for your rear windows, which you can have tinted completelyblack if you wanted to. so if the reason really is so that officers dont get shot by someone inside the car that they cannot see, then why should it be legal for the rear windows. whos to say someone cant sit in the back seat and shoot an officer? the risk is there tint or no tint.

and i really like the protection of interior part too. sun can really damage your interior and there is no other practical way to keep sun out. i mean they make those windshield reflection screen things, but to have to put one of those up on every window would be rediculous. not to mention tints also help keep prying eyes off of what kind of system you may have in the back of your hatch or whatever expensive equipment you have in your back seat like cameras or a laptop or something.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:04 AM
HCF Member

Just get it tinted.....

Old 05-05-2007, 12:38 PM
HCF Member

im for choice A. tint is good because yes, it keeps teh glass together if it were to break instead of shattering everywhere. but its also dangerous because if you have 5% tint, then you can barely see out the windows at night, which is bad. personally, i think tint is a good thing!

Old 05-05-2007, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

id say tint....my question iswhat percentare you thinkin about doin????????

Old 05-06-2007, 09:41 PM

i sayA, because it saves the interior.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:38 AM

on the opposite side of the keeping the glass intact, what happens when you get into an accident that pins your doors shut, how do you propose on getting out if your windows won't break as easily?

personally i think tints are more of a style thing than safety or otherwise.

hence why states have different laws and different views on it

Old 05-07-2007, 07:47 AM
June 2010 ROTM

I don't know if this effects everyone, but when my windows fog up, my side windows defog very slowly. They would defog quicker before the tint. Otherwise, I think people are just grabbing for excuses to tint if they say that it keeps the sun out of their eye unless they tint the front windshield. I have my windows tinted so that it's harder to see into my car. That way, you have to set off my alarm to see in. Also, if the lady gets frisky it's safe in the civic. Yet, we have yet to do so in my car, there's not enough room.

Quick Reply: tints. style? or danger?