Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

tints. style? or danger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 08:38 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: tints. style? or danger?

tints..clean look, depends on where u live on how bad police enforce the tint laws , and theyre not really a danger until u go a lil belore 35% or 30% it gets reallyhard to look in and look oout

Old 05-07-2007, 08:56 AM
HCF Member

i like how tint looks, how it blocks sunlight and how it keeps your car a little bit cooler on the inside. I say tint to the maximum thats legal, that way a cop cant say anything about it. Nothing is ognna stop somebody from hiding a gun or whatever they are scared of, although tint DOES make it easier.....get it tinted anyway man

Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

i dont think Ive ever heard of a story of a cop being killed by somebody with tinted windows. I think its just being over exaggerated. In california, you can have a suburban with limo on every back window. The cop is going to have to walk 7 feet past it, just to get to the driver side.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

you are all actin like im asking if i should get mine done. im going to get them done reguardless. im just asking what your opinions about tint laws.a few of you said to get my windows tinted to the maximum the law allows, the thing is, here in illinois there is no legal tint. you cannot have tints on your front windows at all. and thats what im complaining about. i can see why 5's on your car can be dangerous and what not. but 20's or 30's arent that harmful to anyone. ive come to the conclusion that a large ammount of laws were created (with false justification of 'safety reasons') simply because people dont like people who mod their cars. for instance, underglow is illegal because its a distraction... underglow at nightis no more distracting than a bright colored car during the day or political signs lining the road or bilboards along the highway. everything you do to your car is an expression of you.. saying you cant tint your windows is like telling a painter that they can no longer use the color blue because blue is hard on some people's eyes. its bogus. grrr.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cderalow

on the opposite side of the keeping the glass intact, what happens when you get into an accident that pins your doors shut, how do you propose on getting out if your windows won't break as easily?

personally i think tints are more of a style thing than safety or otherwise.

hence why states have different laws and different views on it
the point is that your windows wont SHATTER. the pieces will hold together. tint doesnt make your windows harder to break, it makes it less dangerous if it does break.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:29 PM
HCF Member

damn pwnage?

Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

im not trying to pwn anyone. everyone on hcf is my friend. i aint tryin to make enemies or put anyone down. im just trying to put forth my opinions and try my best to defend them. thats all