Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Turn Signals on Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 10:49 PM
HCF Member
Default Turn Signals on Mirrors

I have side mirrors with LED's in them that can either light up blue or amber. I had them wired blue into the same circuit as my underbody neon so they were on when my underbody neon were on, but i want to wire them amber into my blinkers so when i turn my blinkers on, they flash amber. What wire should i splice into to have them come on when my blinkers are on? I have a 6th Gen civic ('99 Civic DX).

Old 06-06-2006, 12:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Turn Signals on Mirrors

you should be able to wire the blue to your underbody's. you got that. and then you should be able to cut into the blue led wire and hook that up to the blinkers. it probably wont work unless you have the neon off.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

Yeah there are two different power wires coming from the mirrors, one for amber and one for blue. I will keep the blue wired into my underbody neon and then just hook the other power wire (the amber one) up to my blinkers. I have a '99 DX, does anyone know which wire i should splice into to get the LED's on when my blinkers are on?

Old 06-07-2006, 06:36 PM

I assume you have the m3 mirrors? I just got them installed.. did u install them yourself?

Old 06-07-2006, 07:23 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i think they're called M3 mirrors....this is them: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARBO...spagenameZWDVW

Yeah i installed them myself, you just pull off the little cover thats in the corner of your side window and unbolt the old mirrors and bolt on the new mirrors.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:48 PM
HCF Member

BUMP

But while we're at it....really, does anyone know what wire i should splice into to have my LED's come on when my blinkers are on?

Old 06-10-2006, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

i just got my m3 mirrors in the other day and i cant figure out how to get the stock mirrors off...i hae a 2000 si

Old 06-11-2006, 01:09 AM
HCF Member

Do you auto or manual mirrors? We have the same generation Civics so i think it should be about the same...but if you have auto i cant really help ya, but like i said up there ^ just pull that little triangle-shaped plastic piece thats in the corner of your front window and there should be 3 or 4 little bolts that hold the mirror on. The hardest part was getting the plastic piece off, but just pull and it will come, its just clipped on.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:42 PM
HCF Member

who ever knows how to wire them up, will be a god to a few people here. i need mine hooked up too, they've been not hooked up for over a month still got the coat hanger stuck in the door so i can pull the wire inside my car. i have the same type mirrors, but not 'carbon fibre' look.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:44 AM

Speaking of these mirrors...how do they look? Are they cheap looking? Thinking about picking up a pair on ebay. Was going to get the LED's but I see people are having problems wiring them. Might just get the plain ones now.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals on Mirrors