Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

what ya think? got my rims instaled yesterday ;)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 02:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: what ya think? got my rims instaled yesterday ;)

Man those really look good. They really set your car off. $115/tire is kinda high though. I got my Bridgestone Potenza G009s in a 205-40-17 for $48/tire from Tirerack.com (they were on special, not that price anymore.) But there are plenty of good quality name brand tires in the $60-$80 range. Anyway, car looks good, two thumbs up!

Old 07-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya the tires i think i want are Kumho Ecsta SPT

so far those look good and do look nice...
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...05&rd=17&ar=40
says 82bucks each... tho i have yet to check localy and be sure on price and all balancing and such...
decided ill try some 205/40/17
hopefully they will clear fine!!!! and hopefully my drum and pads are still ok! at least HOPE its not a wheel bearing going out!!!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 03:32 PM

meh not a fan of 17s, makes the car look like a monster truck and ever less of a fan of chrome but each to his own. the kumho ecsta supra tires are pretty good for street use, thats what i have..

Old 07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
HCF Member

I'm not much of a chrome guy on little cars but I do like the 17s

Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well found out what that grinding sound was....
the chunk i thought was just missing from the drum musta still been stuck inside the lip and it finaly started grinding into smaller pieces all the way around the drum. LUCKELY it was just inside the lip so my drums and pads are still good! YEAHHHHH

but how this happened i have NO CLUE!
i didnt notice it when i changed the pads but i was just checken the inside for gouges. might have missed it or it just happened when i removed them to paint the drums. tho i never hit them with a hammer EVER! always used the 2 bolt method of pullen them! ODD to me...

Old 07-20-2006, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

Loving the look, man. Those must be an exact cast of some Motegi MR7s, the only difference being that the space you were talking about possibly being an area for engraving has MR7 in raised lettering on my Motegis. I've got them on my black Civic...good choice!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

Definately likin those rims, im usually not a fan of chrome but those look damn good. I got 205/40/17s for like $50 a tire off Tirerack.com, i think the same price as jake11375. They got to my house in like 2 or 3 days too. That paint on ur calipers really makes a difference man!

Old 07-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i was just shocked at how much paint it used to paint all that.... VERY LITTLE!!!!!! ive still got over 3/4 the can left!!!!! tho i did only put 2 coats on each caliper and the tips of the rotors and other round part of the rotor just to hide all that crapy rust!

eventualy id like to replace the drilled rotors with some sloted rotors cause ive heard those are alot beter since the drilled holes MIGHT crack...

i just got back from discount tire and thier good 205/40/17s is gonna run me like 469 with the replacement plan which i definatly want with these low pros!!!!!
thought i might try and spray on this black looken bra spray that i got at the store on the rims and see what they would look like black..... just for kicks of course! but its raining to much now so i wont try it just yet..... stuff

today im gonna wire my radio right to the battery HOPEFULLY that will solve my crapy noises at higher power! 8 gauge wire should be a nice overkill ill never have to worry about again.LOL

Old 07-20-2006, 03:18 PM

looks awsome, its funny casue they look lyk my rims but crome and i have the underglow as well but in white. i must say one kick a$s lookn car. but my profile tires only cost about 65, y r urs so much?

Old 07-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

these are what i think im gonna be geting
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...05&rd=17&ar=40

OR these
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...40&ct=&rf=true

both have looked nice and should be a great daily driver tire that should last.... at least i hope! either way definatly geting the replacement plan!

Quick Reply: what ya think? got my rims instaled yesterday ;)