Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

What's the average for Full paint job?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Default What's the average for Full paint job?

Hello..... I have a 98 Civic Sedan EX with a B18 Engine Swap just installed. I also just recieved a full fiberglass kit I ordered from erebuni corp website. I got quotes from SEVEAL paint shops.... The MOST expensive was $2500 and They will get it done in 3-5 days. A middle price of $1700 but will take a week or two. And the cheapest was $1500 BUT time would be 3 weeks. Can anybody from experience tell me what was their price they paid for their kit to be installed and car painted......and what length of time the shop had your car?

Also... I wanted the SAME factor paint.. green.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: What's the average for Full paint job?

Welcome to the forums

Anyway, back when I first got a body kit, I was quoted at around $2000 for a paint job (same color as the car was before). The guy I talked to said that the price was so high because some kits require really weird prep. Also, that didn't include installation of the kit. In the end, I took off the kit before I got it painted, so I really don't know for sure. But I'd say the average price is gonna be around $2k.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

Be leary of cheap prices. I seen alot of bad paint jobs from other bodyshops. The reason why they are so cheap is because they most likely slack in the prep department, which is the most important and time consuming step of all. Ask some questions to the body techs, like why is his price so expensive or inexpensive? and maybe even ask for a guarantee about chipping paint?

Also to save alot of money you could always read up online and prep the car yourself. It's not that hard really, and it would save you alot of cash as long as you take your time. Prepping dents might be a different story though?

Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

I was quoted $3800[:-] last week for body work and custom paint from highly reputable business(lips , side skirts and ghost flames) think it would be cheaper for one color

Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 PM

i paid 3000 that included all body work lots because it was fiberglass to get the wave out of it. same color with prismatique in it. def don't cheap out on the paint dept.. came out awesome and still looks good 3 years down the road. the guy that did my car does awesome kandy paint jobs and charges 10000 to paint a car in kandy but thats one of the hardest paints to spray without getting blotchs..

Old 06-28-2007, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

you can get a good one from maaco for like 1500

Old 06-28-2007, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: phsballer123

you can get a good one from maaco for like 1500
it mainly depends on "which" maaco you go to, the shop makes a huge different in quality.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

I got quoted at 2100

Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 PM

hrmmm, I just need to get my bumpers re-painted, turkey cracked the paint a little on the front, and the previous owner musta hauled a lot of something heavy cuz there are all kinds of scrapes on the top of tha rear bumper that look like careless loading/unloading of the hatch...

I could prolly remove and prep myself; no real damage to either bumper just paint scratches and paint cracks, although some are pretty bad I don't think any go very deep into the platic itself. I'm hoping that I can get a re-paint of factory black easy on the clear to match the condition of the rest of the paint for $500 or so, I'm even considering painting it myself, a buddy of mine has an uber high dollar sprayer (yes it is specifically for car paint) that he never uses and there is an actual 'house of color' dealer in my town if the existing paintis otherwisetoo faded to look good with fresh factory color...

Or am I just setting myself up for disaster?

Old 06-30-2007, 04:27 AM
HCF Member

a person that i know recently painted his body kit got it installed at a local body shop for $2200. It was a good job i should say, paint looks great. Dont cheap out when it comes to paint.

Quick Reply: What's the average for Full paint job?