Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

whereee?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Default whereee?

hey guys, i,ve been reading around trying to see whats going on in these forums and getting more knowledge to car care. i thought i read somewhere in a few post that there were places where u could rent an area(some what of a garage) to paint a car. did i understand correctly? if so...where can u rent those?

i need to repaint my car... bad rust had to be fixed and had to repaint the area's. the clear had seen its days and its in pretty bad shape. the sun had gotten to the hood and the rouf.

i got access to two garages but one is too dusty to paint in it. and the other one, well its 3h of drive away, and its where the mustang rest.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: whereee?

???

you could just take it to a body shop and have them repaint the damaged areas of paint or repaint the entire car in their spray booth. i've never heard of renting out garages..

Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 PM
HCF Member

Do you even know how to paint a car professionally? If you search around google.com you can find articals on it and its alot more work then you think. But mabey you do know how to paint, if so, just call around local body shops and ask if you can use there paint booth for some cash. But i dont they they will let you due to safety/insurance reasons.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:00 PM

ok, jsut making sure, cuz thats what i thought i understood while reading around.

yes i have painted parts of a car before. i know the techniques and i know i,m not a pros, but i raither spend 5-600 then 2K.

thnx for clarifying what i wasnt too sure about.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

but at the same time i'd rather have good quality rather than a ****ty paint job.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:11 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well with any paint job... its not the paint man that makes it look good... its a great body man

only thing a painter can do to mess up the paint is runs and overspray or not counting his coats... been thier done that.LOL
another thing is the quality of paint gun! expect to spend at least 200bucks for a DECENT 2-3paint job gun which that gun can last alot longer BUT MUST BE CLEANED VERY VERY GOOD after each use!!!!! alittle paint left in the gun will dry and clog it right up!

Old 07-08-2007, 12:54 PM

yeh i hear yah on the body. mines got rust. spending 2k on a paint job where the rust will start to show after a bit, not to crazy about that idea. besides my body has quite a few dings, i raither do it myself. besides the experience can only help me for futur car plans.