Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

window cracked

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 AM
HCF Member
Default window cracked

so i'm getting ready to tint my windows but i noticed a crack in my drivers side front winow that is about 2 to 3 inches long. should i get it replaced before tinting or hope it doesn't crack anymore and just tint? thanks for the help

Old 01-12-2008, 11:48 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: window cracked

Get it replaced. Because if it does crack more when the tint is on you lost another couple hundred because youre going to need to retint it after you get a whole new windshield. Just not worth cutting corners

Old 01-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well unless your getting the whole windshield tinted its pretty cheap with just a eyebrow tint job... but for the crack it depends is it in your way or cause a bad reflection that bugs ya enough to spend the cash to replace the whole thing? also depends on the location of the crack. if your lucky the crack will be just a single crack from one edge right to another edge, if so theirs a good chance it wont get any worse BUT if the crack is just out in the open area or has multiple cracked areas then its only a matter of time till it spreads and gets worse!

check your insurance to see their policy against glass replacement, and then go to a windshield shop that replaces them and talk to them about cost. or their opinion on the crack. your crack COULD just be a deep scratch... if its a scratch then its just cosmetic and you'll call.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ShowcaseCivic

my drivers side front winow

Old 01-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: circlethesky187

ORIGINAL: ShowcaseCivic

my drivers side front winow
well i dont see how the side windows can be cracked..... ive never seen a side window just cracked, they shatter! thats how they are designed....
only a windshield can crack and not fall into millions of pieces!

if it is a side window then its just scratched... and its your call on replacing for cosmetic purposes

Old 01-13-2008, 11:17 AM
HCF Member

yah it's the drivers side window it looks like it's cracked because of the way it kinda curves but if they are supposed to just shatter like you say they are it's most likely a scratch i'll take it to a window place tomorrow and see what they say thanks for the help