Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

window tint ? and car installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Default window tint ? and car installation

hello everyone i finally bought my car :] . its a 1995 honda civic ex. the color is dark purple but i plan on painting it ethier black or a dark grey . but i have some questions first and i hope you guys can help? well i want to ask . what is better to do first ? paint the car or tint the windows? does it matter? i only have enough money to tint the windows rite now but whould it have any effect to tint the windows before? i also bought a sony stereo i need to get it installed . i live in hacienda heights california (626) and i was wondering if there is any good places around here for window tinting? or stereo installation? im a newby guys i really need the advice . thanks in advance i appreciate it

Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 PM

by the way i will post pictures of it tommorow later today . it currently has 126,xxxx miles i bought it for $1500 with vtec engine . good deal rite? :]

Old 09-09-2010, 12:25 AM

one more question guys.. its a automatic.. is it bad that i got a automatic? :/

Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 AM
HCF Member

it shouldn't really matter what you get done first, I mean the only restriction you have with Tint is you can't roll down the windows for awhile, so it should be fine to do first.

Hey I would rather have a 5 speed, just because it's much more power, and you have more control over the car, but it's your ride man if you like it how it is then don't worry about it.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:31 AM

-Welcome to the forum.
-Check local laws regarding tinting.
-Systems are extremely easy to install, you could do it yourself. Just do some research on it. Once you understand how everything works, installing should be easy.
-Automatic sucks if you plan on adding more power to the car, or if you have a problem with your left foot falling asleep easily.
-If there is no damage to the exterior of the car, and everything works, $1500 is a good deal.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:30 AM

well heres some pics of my car early in the morning. need to paint it .

Old 09-09-2010, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by johnny626
one more question guys.. its a automatic.. is it bad that i got a automatic? :/
look on the bright side.. unlike most of us you have the option of masturbating while driving.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by vtecyayo
look on the bright side.. unlike most of us you have the option of masturbating while driving.
Wow...just wow.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:31 PM

one more question.. what is the darkest i can tint my windows in california ?

Old 09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
HCF Member
Default Whoa...

It looks like one or more of the windows already has some tint on it from the pics?? If you get new tint you'll also have to factor in the cost of removing the OLD tint. The paint on the car looks rough...does it still have clearcoat or is it degraded? Try to look for tint places with good references of course but also a place that offers a warranty or offers tint that doesn't bubble up or turn purple itself...if you haven't gotten done already that is.

Quick Reply: window tint ? and car installation