HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Header, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/intake-header-exhaust-78/)
-   -   AEM Short Ram Air Intake System (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/intake-header-exhaust-78/aem-short-ram-air-intake-system-40699/)

phan10m 05-02-2007 08:38 AM

RE: AEM Short Ram Air Intake System

2 Attachment(s)
i have a ebay intake and the little support bar i have doesnt reach or clip onto anything..I have it asa SRI right now but the intake doesnthave a little support clip like the AEM ones do..idk how to ghetto rig it but also make it look nice. ill be taking pics today after school but idk wut i can do.. right now the filter is rubbing on some rubber.

Attachment 35940
thats my CAI and I have the pipe on the right coming from my engine,andthe filter slightly rubsright around here
Attachment 35941 ( NOT MY BAY OBVIOUSLY, ty cderalow)

=chris= 05-04-2007 04:58 PM

Your best bet is to go to a home store(Home Depot) and buy some thin aluminium strip. I used some which we had lying in the garage -I think it was about 15mm wide and probably 2mm thick so it's veryeasy to bend into shape.

Just figure out where the closest mounting point is - check for any un-used bolts on the suspension turret. Then you have to bend the alloy strip around your intake pipe until you have the correct shape and size. Bend the ends to form 'tabs' and drill through both of them so a nut & bolt can fix them together.

Some thing like this...

=chris= 05-04-2007 05:02 PM

Oh and by the way, you might wanna check your filter for any signs of damage. I had my air filter'floating' like that for a few weeks. When I finally sorted a clamp out, there were two tiny holes in the cotton filter. I thinkit had been rubbing on part of a plastic conduit or something, but oh well. Nothing a bit of well-placed duct tape can't solve!

=chris=

phan10m 05-05-2007 12:55 AM

haha i put electrical tape on the rubber

Firehawk989 05-14-2007 08:05 PM

Chris,

I see you put a header on as well, how did you solve the problem of relocating the cat? Did you re-use the stock one or get an aftermarket cat?

I've been wanting toget a header, but I still need to be able to pass smog here in California.

ej6buddy 05-14-2007 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Firehawk989

Chris,

I see you put a header on as well, how did you solve the problem of relocating the cat? Did you re-use the stock one or get an aftermarket cat?

I've been wanting toget a header, but I still need to be able to pass smog here in California.
not to argue, but this is an AEM product review, all questions that don't pertain to the topic need to be asked through the pm feature

baller24715 09-04-2007 11:13 AM

for the dx intake, did u take out the filter that's in the airbox?

arotao 09-30-2007 07:38 PM

[:@]