F5(cai), megan racing down pipe, magna flow exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:14 PM
HCF Member
Default F5(cai), megan racing down pipe, magna flow exhaust

sorry for the long title
I see there are very few product reviews for the 8th gen, so ill add reviews on the products i have done to my car.

1. Fujita F5 cai. Great sound, great quality. Install was very easy, as i followed the instructions. Install
took about 2 hr, taking my time and not rushing. You can feel thedifference(not a hugeone)I thinkthat this was a great buy.
2. Megan racing dowpipe. Downpipe was a very easy install,No problems with this product at all.
not sure of performance gain on its own, because i installed it the same time i installed my exhaust
3. Magna flow exhaust. Install took me just under 2 hours(with a lift). I took my time. The only bolts on
the exhaust that i used a breaker bar on were the nuts that connect the stock dp to the mid pipe.
Exhaust was a little quiet for about a week. As i put more mile on it, the sound got lounder, not
a too much louder, but it sound great. Doesnt sound like a fart can, no raspiness with this set up.

If you are looking for bolts ons, i recommed these.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Default RE: F5(cai), megan racing down pipe, magna flow exhaust

quick questions about the cold air intake. i just bought one, i have a 2007 SI. i want to make sure no water or snow gets up in there while i am driving.... what are my chances that water could atucally get into the CAI. i have the injen w/ MR technology. thanks again in advance for you help.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:44 AM
HCF Member

not very good. Ive had mine on for well over a year, and over just under 30k aswell. no problems. Dont worry, you basically have to submerge your filter in water to get it into the engine. It has basic protection, and a splash of water and snow here or there wont hurt. I clean my filter every 10k, and while doing so i check the inside of the intake tube to make sure i see no water spots. and so far so good.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:18 AM

I have a civic 07 ex i put a greedy exhust system and i felt the hgains on it. Also a AEM cold air Intake Felt every singel HP and torque but i don't see were the header will go. I just se a big catalyc in the middle

Old 02-21-2008, 02:41 AM

wanna know why?? cuz honda has the headers on 8thgen civics built into the head... it would be difficult/time consuming/expensive to replace it that way... i say just get a magnaflow high flow catalytic along with ur current upgrades... if u got plenty of money to blow and are relatively good with engines, then u can go ahead and try to do that... but i dont think its worth it.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:31 AM
HCF Member

picture of what is called our "header" more of a test pipe. I went with TSA