GReddy EvoII Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:04 PM
HCF Member
Default GReddy EvoII Exhaust

System: Greddy EvoII cat-back exhaust system
Included: 2.25" stainless steel piping, muffler, resonator (connected to piping obviously), bolts, and rings to go in between piping, and warranty papers.
Price: $467 shipped
Bought From: City-Speed (I bought it on ebay, but you can also just visit their online store to find almost the exact same prices and selection)

First of all, I need to clarify that I technically did not do this whole installation by myself, so I can't say anything exact about how the uninstall went (I had to take it to a shop to get it torched off because of horrible rust). But that really does not matter, considering I am reviewing the new system, not getting the old system off.

The only minor gripe I had about the whole thing was the transaction. I ordered the system on a thursday, and paid via paypal the next day. City-Speed said that they ship within 2 days of recieving the money, but it was not shipped out until 9 days after they recieved the money. After that everything went smooth though, so it was no huge problem. I recieved the exhaust on a wednesday and immediately dug into it after getting home from class. In the box came the most beautiful stainless steel piping and exhaust system I have ever laid eyes on. After taking the car to a shop to get the exhaust off I proceded to install the exhaust. The exhaust went on PERFECTLY, with absoultely no hang ups. Greddy was nice and decided to send bolts with the exhaust because they knew most people would have to torch or cut off the old bolts. The canister fits perfectly into the stock cut-out, plus everything lined up correctly when putting it on (in conjunction with the hangers).

The exhaust also sounds AWESOME! There is absolutely NO ricey/raspy tone to it, just a deep mellow tone. It definately turns heads at WOT, but not because people think "Whoa, that car sounds like a bunch of angre bees in a tin can", but instead they comment about how great it sounds. I have even had muscle car guys commenting about how it is the best sounding ricer they have heard. There is also a noticable different in power, especially after 4k rpm. Before 3k there isnt really a difference, but after 3k you can feel it pulling harder than it did before the exhaust.

I would put pictures up on here, but they are all on my cardomain. So if anybody wants to see pictures of this beautiful exhaust system just check out the site:
My Greddy EvoII

So to sum it up...

Pros - Great sound, noticable performance difference, looks AWESOME, and excellent quality.
Cons - I had to slightly bend the heat shield on the stock cat so it didnt rub on one of the new bolts, but that took less than a minute, somewhat dismal shipping, but that is quite minor.

I would definately give this exhaust a 10/10 rating, and would give the seller 8/10, just be careful you read what you are getting, they sell a few knock-off greddy exhausts out there. If it seems too cheap, it probably isnt a true greddy exhaust. Save up the money and buy a real one, you WILL NOT regret it!

Old 04-24-2006, 05:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: GReddy EvoII Exhaust

let's hear it man! give me some sound.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

we needs some sound clips dude!! i cant find a sound clip of an evo2 on a civic anywhere.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:41 PM
HCF Member

Look awesome man, give us a sound clip

Old 04-25-2006, 11:59 AM
HCF Member

There is a sound clip of an evo2 on video.google.com just search for "greddy evo" It's on a newer civic though.

My camera isnt working right now (stupid cannon hasn't shipped a new one back yet), so i don't have a video clip up yet. I guarantee though that once i get it back i will put on up asap.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:50 PM

I just put an evo2 on my 98 ex a couple days ago and It just sounds great! It didnt fit well when i first installed[&:] it but with a little elbow grease it fits perfect. And as for performance it seems that in lower rpms I lost a little power but it more than makes up for it after about 4 and a half.

Overall i rate it a 9.999 out of 10

Old 07-22-2006, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

the google vid is alrite man..
nothung special

Old 08-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

hurry up with that video

im interested in this setup.. BUT only thing i dont like is the huge tip.... and i prefer to hide the muffler

but depending if the sound.... that will be my judge over my stock setup...

Old 08-14-2006, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

OK, so i FINALLY got some videos of the car with the exhaust! My video camera is dead, so i had to use the normal digital camera on video mode (the mic sucks on it), so the clip of the exhaust sounds kinda raspy (it doesn't at all in real life), it just doesn't sound as mellow and deep on the clip.

Evo II outside rev

20-60mph pull You can also hear the vtec changeover really nicely in this clip.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Administrator

sounds nice man, congrats!

Quick Reply: GReddy EvoII Exhaust