Magnaflow Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 02:55 PM
HCF Member
Default Magnaflow Exhaust

I scored this exhaust from one of the forum sponsors Mission:Speed. The entire system was for $340 shipped. Not a bad deal really.

-1999-2000 DX,HX,LX
-100% Stainless Steel
-Life Time Warranty
-Direct Bolt On/Perfect Fit
-OUTSTANDING Tech Support
-2.25" Mandrel Bent Piping
-4" Tip With Magnaflow Laser Etched Logo
-7-15 Hp Gains (depends on currnet setup)
-Supplied Stainless Steel Hardware
-Supplied Gaskets
-Install Time - 4 hours
-Gives you simple but valuable instructions

Install wasnt that hard really, more of a pain in the *** and time consuming due to the cars underbody conditions. However, it it were a new car it would have taken less than an hour to install. The stock exhaust bolts were so badly rusted that I eventually gave up and busted out the grinder and just cut the thing off. The biggest pain of the install was the friggin stock cat. It was rusted through and through. I ended up taking that off in order to work on it because of angle issues. I machined new holes on the cat's pipe mount. I then bored out bigger holes to accomodate the new machine screws.

All and all I have some small issues to work out which arent anything serious. The pickup gain I recieved is noticable but not much. What really makes the difference is the pull and gear changing. It also sounds really good and smooth. My only personal problem is the tip is 4". A little big but not over the line and fits nicely in the cut out for the exhaust in the bumper. I like the stick and peel sticker they gave me and the other sticker for my tool box.

The downs: I ended up running out of harware. Instructions were encouraging reuse of some of the hardware but that was a fat chance. Found very similar nuts and bolts at Lowes that did the trick

My car doesnt have 2 hangers where the resonator is. Thus the exhaust is hanging low right now and scraping the road when I hit a bump. Magnaflow has never heard of any thing like this. No worries however, they assured me its a cheap and easy fix at a muffler shop for those who are concerned. (Under $30)

The U clamp they gave me isnt very effective, I can hear little pulses of air coming out of the middle where the U clamp is. It is also an easy cheap fix at a muffler shop. Correction: I had installed the U clamp upside down. It wasnt the reason all the scraping occured but was one of the problems. What happened was when the exhaust bottomed out it pushed the U clamp back thus making the exhaust leak (lol). I took it to a shop and they fixed the leak, installed the U clamp properly and re-adjusted the exhaust perfectly (the advantage of a lift, go figure) all for a whopping $27! Sweet!

Score: 8.5/10

*sound clips and installed pics in the works*
Name:  MVC-006F.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  42.7 KB
Name:  MVC-008F.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  38.1 KB

Video Clips!

Inside 20-60 mph

Outside

Old 10-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Default RE: Magnaflow Exhaust

i know wut u mean about the U-clamp...i have that same problem, i have the same exhaust except for a 5th gen. you just have to put as much muscle into pushing the 2 parts together as u can and tightening that U-clamp very well. if u have a welder, u could probably tack weld it and it would probably stay put. Other than that, its a great exhaust

Old 10-25-2005, 06:38 AM

4 hours... it only took me about 2 to put on my exhaust hardest part was getting the old one off the hangers and gettin the rusted bolts off

Old 10-25-2005, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

i just scored a slightly used magnaflow for 150$

Old 10-25-2005, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SkItZiAnIsT

4 hours... it only took me about 2 to put on my exhaust hardest part was getting the old one off the hangers and gettin the rusted bolts off

Because of all the under body rust I had.

Old 03-21-2006, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

anybody know where i can get a REAL CHEAP set-up.

lata!!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2006, 11:11 PM
HCF Member

ebay

Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 PM
HCF Member

cool lol thnx for the feed back ichecked and there almost all the same price! as magnaflow say's they are on thier site so ok thnx

Old 03-21-2006, 11:51 PM
HCF Member

where did you get yours from that sounds lke an awesome deal dude!
ORIGINAL: Pete

i just scored a slightly used magnaflow for 150$

Old 03-24-2006, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

He got it from a friend I believe. Why not try one of the sponsors? They normally give pretty good deals.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Exhaust