Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 02:44 AM
Default Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat

Magnaflow Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter (paid $153.85 for it from NOPI...picked up directly from store in Savannah, GA...it was $99.00 about 2 mths. ago!!)

The installation was rather painless, which is fortunate because it does not come with instructions. Just threw the car up on jackstands and got to wrenching. At any rate, it was pretty much a direct swap. Magnaflow's site shows it as being "direct fit", but on my friend's car (2000 EX 2dr.) it pulled his exhaust back slightly....no such problem on mine (98 EX 2dr). The cat is maybe a pinky's width shorter than the stock one. You will also be discarding your heat shield. Install time was about 45 mins. for me. Another thing of note (no pun intended..... ) is that your exhaust will be NOTICEABLY louder. I have an Apexi WS2 cat-back. With the factory cat, my exhaust at idle was barely louder than stock...with the Magnaflow, sound level definitely went up, so if you live in an area where exhaust db is an issue, and you have the stock cat with an exhaust that's borderline, the Mag will probably put you over the edge as far as sound's concerned. Also, the kit doesn't come with gaskets, so if you think yours are beat-up, I'd suggest getting some new ones. Other than that, I highly recommend this part.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:47 AM
Default RE: Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat

you way overpaid dude.. i just picked one up at a local shop not even 24 hours ago.. magnaflow 2.25.. 60 bucks.. hell even on ebay they are that cheap brand new.. but u live you learn..

Old 05-21-2006, 08:40 AM

Yeah, I know I paid too much But I'm kinda impatient, so I end up going to NOPI to pick-up my parts just because I can pick them up that day. The local shop told me that it would take them 10-14 days to get the cat, so I went to NOPI and they had one in stock. I don't get stuff from E-bay because I'm terribly afraid that I'll pay for it and end up not getting it. That's just me, tho.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:49 AM

just check the feedback on sellers.. most who have the stores try to keep feedback good so they get repeat business.. also last time i ordered my stuff through www.tunersports.com which that cat was 85 shipped i had all parts within the next week.. so unless your rich thats a big amount to be waiting one week to get the parts.. figure average middle class person saving 65 dollars.. thats near a half a day slaving away at your job..plus our sponsors on the site here can get stuff with discount and we know they are quality vendors.. Nopi=overpriced on everything.. they are like crutchfield.. they have alot of info and parts so worthy to locate what you are looking for part# wise then get it off ebay..

Old 05-21-2006, 11:02 PM
HCF Member

Since I have a DX, I had to take mine to a shop to be welded in. Ran me about $65 to install it.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:05 AM
HCF Member

It's funny how nobody cared to mention how the magnaflow cat performs...

I just installed mine yesterday and I can feel a slight, but definite power gain. I recommend getting this hi-flow cat if you have an aftermarket exhaust and still want more power. It's a simple, noticeable upgrade IMO.

I paid about $150 shipped for the direct fit model for my 98 EX. I looked all over the web for weeks for a lower price and that was the best I could find.

The only problem I encountered during installation was getting the O2 sensor off the old cat. After using a generous amount of PB Blaster I finally got it loose.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

I dunno what your talking about with it being $60 on ebay. That must be the univeral one or not the hi-flow kind -----> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGNA...em250199355184

Old 04-28-2008, 01:50 AM

will a hi-flo cat made for a 97 work on a 00 without any issues?

Old 05-06-2008, 01:51 PM
HCF Member

where is the best place to buy one of these for a 00 civic ex?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
HCF Member

I am wanting a link to a cheap magnaflow highflow cat for a 00 civic ex. All the direct fits I see are $300+. Weld ons are less than $150.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat